Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2020, 10:07 PM

Default Brake Question

I admit I’m no mechanic. The wife had her Mazda CX-9 in the shop on Friday and had the rear brakes and rotors replaced. Drove around all weekend for maybe 200km. Headed up to GP on Monday and almost made it to Mayerthorpe (about 400km from home) when we heard a loud bang come from the back end. Pulled over and could hear grinding on the back drivers side.

Drove it to the tire shop in Mayerthorpe (shout out to Integra Tires). The mechanic pulled the rotors. Said these pieces were in there (attached pics), the rotor has a chunk out of it (probably the loud bang we heard) and there was no parking brake shoe. The mechanic said the pieces are from the parking brake.

The question I have is, would the tire shop have taken off the parking brake shoe and not replaced it? If he didn’t take it off, would he have informed us there was no parking brake shoe when he replaced the rotors?

All I know is I had a shoe on Friday (we bought the car used but it had to get a SK inspection and a requirement is the parking brake works) and Monday afternoon I didn’t.

Since I’m no brake expert I just don’t want to sound stupid when I call the shop and accuse them of messing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk