Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2022, 09:00 PM

Default Colon Cancer - 3 years since my diagnosis and treatments NOW TO PREVENT YOUR JOURNEY

This isn’t about dwelling on my journey but rather helping some of you NOT have a journey to discuss.

So how can I help you prevent it?

Firstly…

if 50 or older have a FIT test done. It’s so simple.

https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Alberta/...ical-test.aspx

If you have family history of colon cancer get a FIT test starting at age 40 as well as a colonoscopy.

If you have irregular bowel issues I’d strongly suggest having it done at age 40 and age 45 also. I’d also get a colonoscopy so you have a baseline.

Secondly…

After age 50 get a colonoscopy. Based upon the results you most likely may need your next one at 60 if you have no family history.

A colonoscopy, while annoying is not that big a deal. I’ve had a number of them now. What is far, far worse and more invasive is getting cancer.

Thirdly…

Get tested and follow up when you feel off. You are the best judge of if something is wrong.

This dude has been an idiot in the past. Too stubborn to get tested and follow up on problems. Not any more. Early prevention is key to a longer less stressful life.

So… talk to you doctor… talk to your spouses, siblings, parents, family and friends.

It could save you life. Not getting tested is selfish. Your loved ones will feel your pain many times over if you get sick as they are powerless.

So say **** cancer and get it done!

Stay healthy

Sun