Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
What a ride for Smith! I will give her credit. Came back from being down and out years ago and blabbering on some radio show. To now being the Premier. What a cool story.......

Actually just kidding. IMO she is a joke and it is pretty embarrassing that someone as tone deaf and cooky as her can slide into that position. The funniest part was her smile at the convention yesterday when she literally just over half the vote after what ...... 6 ballots! After a "win" like that I would probably be a little more humble. As far as I'm concerned she has no mandate to do anything. She should just come to work. Sit in the chair and pretend to be important. Make some appearances, heck go represent Alberta at some convention. Basically try not to screw anything up for 7 months until the real Premier gets elected.

The fact that more people are not concerned about her talking about her sovereignty act like it is something that Albertans asked for is troubling. I did not see that in any UPC platform. Heck half the crap they are peddling like provincial police force and starting our own pension fund was not mentioned on their platform when being elected last go around.

I spent a lot of time listening to her “blabbering” on her radio show. I came to like and admire her, given a chance I think she’ll do a good job for the province.