Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2023, 03:48 AM

My outlaws called tonight they knew our acerage was under evacuation before we did. 1145 got the message
It's our little piece of heaven. Dropped the hammer and packed up 14 years of memories, 4 travel trailers all the quads, goose decoy trailer, 2 c cans full of stuff.
Had a army of buddys come help. Nice to know you can count on people.
Talked to fire crew tonight on the way out the Jackfish lake fire north east of athabasca is now less than a mile from my property. They said it will be at the county road by dawn. Next 12 hours will decide if alot of houses and lives will go up in smoke. Had a buddy bring his water truck and help douse everything with it. Hope it might help. Never seen it this dry ever. We were gonna go kill my sons target bear Tommorow night but the fire got one of our bait sites and nuked a new double stand. Not gonna even risk it with the fire. Crazy thing is there was no smoke first thing this morning.
Keep your family's safe and take precautions with fire saftey. Alot of emotions going threw my head if that place burns my kids will be devastated. Headed out in the am to help my neighbor with his cattle.
God speed everyone.