Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2024, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
I see the usual Monday morning quarterbacks are out in force, yet, many (not all) don't have a clue.

Do I know about major plumbing work? Nope, nor will I "pretend" to, nor argue/slam the profession about it.

Do I know about major electrical work? Nope, nor will I "pretend" to, nor argue/slam the profession about it.

Do I know about rocket science? Nope, nor will I "pretend" to, nor argue/slam the profession about it.

And on and on...Get the point? I hope so.

Look, what we have here is an officer(s) that acted on a situation. Was he/she right or not? Not up to me to decide, nor will I speculate on the "so called facts" presented on our very often edited/distorted/politized social media, which many seem to thrive and rely on.

I am pretty sure this will be resolved, either way, with the process they have in place.

Hope all had a great Family Day long weekend!...
As anyone that actually bothered to read the releases is well aware of, the situation has been resolved as far as the police force is concerned. All that remains to be seen, is whether the guy being shot at sues, and how much he receives.

Quote:
"We're actually going to use this particular case as training for the rest of our staff as a potential thing that we need to watch out for to make sure that we never put someone's life in jeopardy again," Sheriff Aden said in the prerecorded video.

The investigation reports that Jackson did not fire a weapon. It also states the sound Hernandez heard was likely an acorn hitting the roof of his car.

Luckily, Jackson, who was in the back of the patrol car, was not hurt.

Meanwhile, Deputy Hernandez resigned from the force in December after an internal investigation found his use of force was not objectively reasonable.
So the police force agrees with all of the posters, that stated that the officer's behaviour was not reasonable.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-19-2024 at 06:15 PM.