Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2010, 08:12 PM

Default Part 1 Report: Pigeon, Garner and Vincent Lakes

Well got back from Canada yesterday Dec 28th back to southern california and Loma Linda where we live. Looks like our house survived the rains, floods and mud slides. Just one spot on the ceiling had a new water spot.

Dec 20th my Father in law decided he needed new tires before we went out fishing to Pigeon lake, so we got out the the lake around 3:30pm and the sun was just above the shoreline. This was my first time ice fishing Pigeon. Punched some hole and it was frigid cold withthe wind howling across the lake. I dropped a couple tip ups with smelts and set up the tent to get out of the wind. We were in about 6 feet of water out from of Johnsonia over a weedy bottom. I started by jigging a silver spoon to draw some fishy attention to the hole. Soon after a nice white fish darted by but did not stick around to taste my offering. Soon after a very large pike was circling my hook like a wolf. Since it was shallow water he looked even bigger but i'd say he was probably around 8 pounds comparing him to the others I caught and saw down the hole. I couldn't interest him either though. The sun was going down when a walleye came straight in and inhaled my silver/blue kastmaster. After a short battle I had her on the ice and back down the hole after a quick picture. Since the sun had disappeared and it was cold I started packing up. One of the tip ups went off and I ran over to pull up a nice little pike. Tossed him back down the hole and decided to come back in the morning. The ice was around 14 inches thick.

saw this dead buck in the ditch on the way home, poor little guy.

Some pics from day 2:

IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Brandonkop3/Christmas%202010/IMG_0677.jpg[/IMG]

Tags
garner, perch, pigeon, vincent, walleye