Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-05-2011, 03:20 PM

Default Sibbald Meadows Pond

Does anyone know if this pond is fished out already after the second stocking, it sucks because people go there right after it gets stocked, and take and take. and then its fished out, other people dont even get a chance!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:35 PM

Alot of it is the birds to be honest. I'm not sure it's the best location for a stocked pond. Birds just have an absolute feast.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 PM

There always seems to be something in there, but to get the ones that are left to bite may be a feat in its own.
try at the west side near where the river enters the pond.

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:43 PM

went there last nite no kanibbles for me and as far as i can tell to me it looks like it has not been stocked a second time but thats my thoughts and watching everyone else no one else caught anything either.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2097 View Post
Does anyone know if this pond is fished out already after the second stocking, it sucks because people go there right after it gets stocked, and take and take. and then its fished out, other people dont even get a chance!
Very true! But why did you wait that long to go there yourself? From around this time of the year on Chain lakes might be the best place for catching and keeping trout if that's what you are after. Good luck!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the local angler View Post
went there last nite no kanibbles for me and as far as i can tell to me it looks like it has not been stocked a second time but thats my thoughts and watching everyone else no one else caught anything either.
It was stocked about a month ago, I was there to watch it happen. Freaking shooting gallery a few hours after they dumped the fish in (~2000).

I wouldn't be surprised if it was fished out already, that place gets a ridiculous amounts of pressure. I've seen groups of 6 people there. That's 30 fish in one day from one group. Doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that it won't take long for those fish to be gone pretty quickly, considering how busy it gets on weekdays, nevermind weekends.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:43 PM

well i went there in june and got a few bites, they seemed to be biting, becuase i saw other people just hauling e'm in, and not releasing them either. I am going there tomorrow so i will update you guys on how it goes