Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 AM

Default Sharing your kill

Just thinking as we don't usually share meat in our camp but have been considering it for this year.
I live in Stony Plain and my hunting partners live in Grande Prarie and Peace River. We come to and leave camp our own way. If I get a moose and we cut it in half does their side only need a letter from me as outline in the regulations? No tag is needed? Just curious cause I would take the tagged side.

Thanks
Mike
Old 09-08-2011, 08:15 AM

A form letter is in the Regs. for transporting shared game.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwan View Post
A form letter is in the Regs. for transporting shared game.
Yeah I know about the letter used it before for whole game. I just didn't know if separating it and not having evidence of sex and a tag would cause an issue and a letter would suffice.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 PM

I actually asked a warden and his interpretation was that all the pertinent information is on the letter and they could double check. On reading the form it looks like even a whole animal could be transported by someone else. Every warden may be different but common sense should prevail. Not everyone has a truck either.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 PM

We share everything at our camp, usually 4-6 of us! Moose,elk, deer all get shared as equal as possible. Before we leave for camp, we make several copies of the letter, and photo copy each license each of hold.
Once we get the meat sorted out, we fill out the letter and take a photocopy of the appropriate license. Been working great for us, plus makes the butchers life Alot easier having the license with the meat!
5 more days to elk camp, come on already!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Boone View Post
We share everything at our camp, usually 4-6 of us! Moose,elk, deer all get shared as equal as possible. Before we leave for camp, we make several copies of the letter, and photo copy each license each of hold.
Once we get the meat sorted out, we fill out the letter and take a photocopy of the appropriate license. Been working great for us, plus makes the butchers life Alot easier having the license with the meat!
5 more days to elk camp, come on already!
You take a photocopier to camp?