Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-11-2011, 06:37 PM

Smile marcum 835 Fish Camera info pls /plus video of perch trying to eat other perch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqa9X...yer_detailpage pretty cool this camera how could you miss a fish.... never seen a perch trying to eat another perch before lol..Good tune too.

Anyways i am ordering this camera,does anyone no how long the battery last as its not listed in the specs.or Should i pick up a spare battery

They also have a remote control to do a 360 scan,anyone use it.
want to buy everything at once.

any one have this set up pls let me no............. later
Old 11-11-2011, 06:49 PM

Hi Parnavi!

I have 2 of them and love them. And the remote turners(camera panners) are nice also. You will like em!

I also have an 820 that I m probably going to sell.
Its good but I like the new 825s better.

I also carry a spare battery or 2 because of all the electronics I use.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 11-11-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Hi Parnavi!

I have 2 of them and love them. And the remote turners(camera panners) are nice also. You will like em!
txs,,do the batteries hold up good in the cold
Old 11-11-2011, 07:03 PM

oops edited post about batteries. I find if you go out for a long day they dont seem to last long enough. My Aqua Vu only gets about 4 hours, but thats with an older bettery also. The new 825 have 9 amp hour batteries and are much better, but I hate running out of juice. So I haul an extra battery or 2.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:08 PM

I mostly fish out of a tent where its warmer. Batteries out in the cold will have a shorter operational life.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
I mostly fish out of a tent where its warmer. Batteries out in the cold will have a shorter operational life.
txs will pick up 2nd battery.like i was saying on an earlier post i built a ice shack for cold days but when its nice out i prefer to be in the open..
good fishing to ya,have a good one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 11-12-2011, 02:12 AM

The 360 panner is awesome, I use it all the time. It's very frustrating to twist the cable by hand to get it oriented the right direction.

I have the 825c and the battery usually lasts me a full day easy but I'm usually in a warm tent. I don't ever remember it running out of power while fishing outside either but I rarely use it outside as the screen is more difficult to see in the sun. The battery is the same as the flasher so I always have a backup.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnavi View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqa9X...yer_detailpage pretty cool this camera how could you miss a fish.... never seen a perch trying to eat another perch before lol..Good tune too.

Anyways i am ordering this camera,does anyone no how long the battery last as its not listed in the specs.or Should i pick up a spare battery

They also have a remote control to do a 360 scan,anyone use it.
want to buy everything at once.

any one have this set up pls let me no............. later
That is great footage indeed. Saw it last year. If you considering Marcum then I would also suggest looking at Vexilar. Picked up the Fish Scout color system. It has been nothing but perfect. Before that I owned a Marcum 560 with the internal 360 rotation...until it developed a leak and shorted out...and then Marcum was picked up my AquaView...
Old 11-12-2011, 07:25 AM

Smile txs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
That is great footage indeed. Saw it last year. If you considering Marcum then I would also suggest looking at Vexilar. Picked up the Fish Scout color system. It has been nothing but perfect. Before that I owned a Marcum 560 with the internal 360 rotation...until it developed a leak and shorted out...and then Marcum was picked up my AquaView...
txs for the info.will keep the vexilar in mind but i have committed myself to the marcum 825.you have a nice set up thats for sure..
Old 11-12-2011, 07:30 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshotz View Post
The 360 panner is awesome, I use it all the time. It's very frustrating to twist the cable by hand to get it oriented the right direction.

I have the 825c and the battery usually lasts me a full day easy but I'm usually in a warm tent. I don't ever remember it running out of power while fishing outside either but I rarely use it outside as the screen is more difficult to see in the sun. The battery is the same as the flasher so I always have a backup.
thought about sun when outside i am going to build a box that can go over the unit so i can shield the sun on nice days.and i did also think about adjusting the cable ,it will be tricky but i will get that down for sure. txs for the info.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:30 AM

I think you'd be happy to know that the panner is actually included with the vs825 system. Separately retails around $50. But I've noticed this year it's included in there low end vs380 all the way up to the 825's. Not sure if you were planning on ordering online but I know WSS regularly stocks them for 719.95 of course with panner included. If I remember correctly marcum has them advertised on there website for 699.99 plus shipping and handling. Not to sure if they've thrown in the panner on the website deal. I also remember last year te website advertised a lot of sold out units which also made things a bit more difficult.

Hope some of this helped! Good luck
Old 11-12-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 780sjc View Post
I think you'd be happy to know that the panner is actually included with the vs825 system. Separately retails around $50. But I've noticed this year it's included in there low end vs380 all the way up to the 825's. Not sure if you were planning on ordering online but I know WSS regularly stocks them for 719.95 of course with panner included. If I remember correctly marcum has them advertised on there website for 699.99 plus shipping and handling. Not to sure if they've thrown in the panner on the website deal. I also remember last year te website advertised a lot of sold out units which also made things a bit more difficult.

Hope some of this helped! Good luck
were i am purchasing,no,its not included your right 50 dollars is the extra price for the panner.research,research.research.does it ever end.. lol, txs
Old 11-12-2011, 10:14 AM

Last year if you were buying it retail they had a promo where you could send in the receipt or something like that and they would send you the tripod free. With my 825 it was already included in the box. You might want to double check that they don't have the same promotion this year. Unless of course you are buying it used.