Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-27-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet View Post
A guy from California has $10,000,000 in the bank.

A guy from Medicine Hat has $10,000,000 in the bank.

Who can hunt Antelerd Mule Deer every year in a S.E. Alberta draw zone?

Only the guy from California. Not fair. Case closed.

Should anyone (resident or not) with $10,000,000 million in the bank have more access than Joe Public Alberta to draw limited tags for Alberta''s public wildlife? Hmm.... I don't mind the idea of selling off a prime tag or two for big dollars directed to good causes but other than that, I think not.

He can if he bowhunts
Old 01-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Banned

pack, you want to argue even when i agree with you? you keep stumbling on about 9 different topis and arent seeing the one being discussed. your tunnel vision is preventing you from having any meaningful discussion here.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:30 PM

Too bad the decision has already been made. And that even though there is now 3 pages of posts directly related to this matter, and the B.S thats going along with it. The govenment will probably never change the ruling on the field.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 PM

Question ??- Are outfitters in AB allocated a certain area on a map within that wmu inwhich they must operate in the boundies of ? Or if the hunting is good in one spot can multiple outfitters with tags in that wmu hammer the s**t out of one area ?
You would think if you could afford to hire a outfitter yearly(just cause , just say) you should be able to and the outfitter to have to use one of his allocated tags.

Intresting Thread
Old 01-27-2012, 07:37 PM

Default Pack vs ISB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
ok, so when you told us that your brother was in on some shady stuff that it turns out it was all rumor? ok....still not sure why the flip flop on your stance on outfitters tag numbers. it wasnt long ago that you typed the very words that it is wrong that joe moneytalks can come here and buy 20 tags (10 mule bucks and 10 antelope) in 10 years while you may only draw at best 5. why the change of heart?

and to answer your question, i used to run into outiftters somewhat often when i used to hunt locally. a couple of them pay for sole access to a couple of local landowners....not rumor...fact, so i didnt run into them in the field. i have offered up proof to F&W but they didnt care at the time. cant say why publicly, but if you want a pm, ill tell you.

up north where i hunt whitetails, the mcmahon legacy prevents a lot of guiding activity. when i first approached landowners for permission, i was told flat out that if i was hunting for myself it was no problem, but if i was associated with guiding in any way that i wouldbe charged with trespassing. there is another outfitter operating in the area, but he is from my perspective one of the stand up guys in the business. i have seen nor heard anything negative from his operation.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Again I see you got your Big Girl panties on this morning....

Your like listening to a Broken record Packhuntr....what about the animals you have shot the hell out of the last few years? Maybe you better hang up the bow and rifle the next 3 years to save a few of our animals.How about YOU practice alittle restraint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Ty. Were do you come up with these??? Lmfo.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:47 PM

Same tired story again. Very little balance. Starts with no outfitter is ethical.. Has a few that are real about it, and those that are real about it get belittled. By the hard line guys that don't give the appearance of bein willing to share a cup of coffee. The rate of wailing and moaning makes the opinions here suspect to the reality. There are alot more resident (And I use the term loosely) "Hunters" Poaching far greater numbers then outfitters kill on a yearly basis. Of any species. I spend considerable time, And effort to ensure I do not put myself or one of my hunters in a unethical situation. And over all if there are going to be cuts to allowable harvest numbers the restrictions to the non residents are comensurate with the residents. Have any of you taken the time to look at regulations in other provinces. Taking a look around the country and even down into the U.S. It becomes pretty apparent that Alberta is one of the heavier regulated districts when it comes to non resident hunting. And I can tell you this much. I sure hope that other districts and countries remain open to sharing their resources with us. Will be a sad day if Alberta caves to this kind of pressure and other countries decide to treat us in kind. I may not be able to afford it. But I sure like knowing that if I save my pennies I can go hunt in other provinces and territories, and countries. No not all things are done well in the system that is currently in place. But few things are as extreme as what is represented here. Anyone can cherry pick a poor situation and use it to generalize across the board. But it rarely carries enough weight to invoke reasonable thought for the entire process. Just my thoughts.

Send all hate mail direct.
Ryan Andersen
1-780-202-1767
black_rhino_kennels@hotmail.com
Old 01-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Medicine View Post
Same tired story again. Very little balance. Starts with no outfitter is ethical.. Has a few that are real about it, and those that are real about it get belittled. By the hard line guys that don't give the appearance of bein willing to share a cup of coffee. The rate of wailing and moaning makes the opinions here suspect to the reality. There are alot more resident (And I use the term loosely) "Hunters" Poaching far greater numbers then outfitters kill on a yearly basis. Of any species. I spend considerable time, And effort to ensure I do not put myself or one of my hunters in a unethical situation. And over all if there are going to be cuts to allowable harvest numbers the restrictions to the non residents are comensurate with the residents. Have any of you taken the time to look at regulations in other provinces. Taking a look around the country and even down into the U.S. It becomes pretty apparent that Alberta is one of the heavier regulated districts when it comes to non resident hunting. And I can tell you this much. I sure hope that other districts and countries remain open to sharing their resources with us. Will be a sad day if Alberta caves to this kind of pressure and other countries decide to treat us in kind. I may not be able to afford it. But I sure like knowing that if I save my pennies I can go hunt in other provinces and territories, and countries. No not all things are done well in the system that is currently in place. But few things are as extreme as what is represented here. Anyone can cherry pick a poor situation and use it to generalize across the board. But it rarely carries enough weight to invoke reasonable thought for the entire process. Just my thoughts.

Send all hate mail direct.
Ryan Andersen
1-780-202-1767
black_rhino_kennels@hotmail.com
I would love it if Alberta would take some ideas from other provinces and countries. 2 that immediatly come to mind is, Montana. Non-residents enter a draw. Saskatchewan. No non-residents hunting mule deer, which are on a draw for residents.
And by the way, the red part has absolutely nothing to do with the price of rice in China. Other than more officers and harsher penalties you cannot regulate poaching. Again, an SRD problem..... Well the justice system has to have some balls too.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
The rate of wailing and moaning makes the opinions here suspect to the reality. There are alot more resident (And I use the term loosely) "Hunters" Poaching far greater numbers then outfitters kill on a yearly basis.
The REALITY is that members of APOS have been CONVICTED of both Wildlife Act, and Criminal Act violations that occurred while they were outfitting clients, yet APOS allows them to remain members. Yes these convicted members only make up a very small number of the APOS members, but the fact is, that allowing these members to continue outfitting has done a great deal to tarnish the image of APOS, and outfitting in general. I have a few friends that are either outfitters or guides, and even they would like to see the guilty parties thrown out of APOS, and have their outfitting privileges suspended, but APOS refuses to take any such action. I really have to wonder why APOS does not deal with these people, as they could greatly improve their image with the public by doing so. It's not as if the offenders are innocent, they have been convicted in a court of law.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:48 PM

Take all you f'in concerns and write , write, write your mla, srd , afga, stop this non-sense on the forum !!

Your all waisting your time and the only thing every one of you are getting out of this is you " words per minute" are getting faster!!

If you guys would write/ put tbe effort in to write the people who can actually change the wildlife situation things might get change! But by word bashing on the F'in ao forum is not going to accomplish anything !

Fight nice , act like a bunch women and hold grudges for years on people you have never met! Makes sense to me!!!