Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 PM

His name is Andrew Stanley out of Hay river!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
I must say guys! people get on here and make stupid assumptions at times .If anyone took the time to read some of the comments on Andrews video,s,looked at his biography page or even listened to the cbc broadcast of his interview ,you would know quite a bit about the guy.
I have watched almost all of the video,s and they are definately raw and real life experiences of a brave and talented guy .someone with the guts and willingness to learn and try something that not many guys his age would even fathom to try.
The fact he is a metis living off the land for the most past. gives hime a big thumbs up in my book .
He is one of those city dudes working at some fancy office, using his status to shoot whatever he wants. even though he worked in the diamond mines for a couple years ,He now hunts to survive for the year and traps out of passion and the need to earn cash to survive.
His video,s are extremely entertaining and educational ,language adds to the reality . watch the video,s for what they are and learn something ! there,s no script and maybe some day he,ll have his own show on discovery (trapper man ).Looking forward to seeing more video,s and some of this guys, humour.
KEEP THE VIDEO'S COMING
Umm, thanks for chirping in, hero, but if you see the original post, I was simply asking about the guy.
And NO ONE in the comments on this thread said anything negative about the guy, in fact everyone, including myself, find his stuff very entertaining, very good videos. Sorry I didn't "research" him before asking about him.

Funny, though, I didn't think he was a city dude....................

Old 01-27-2012, 12:47 AM

Watched his video's for some time now and really enjoy them. Its real life not like those "reality" shows on TV and better than any hunting show I ever saw!!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:55 PM

Great job. Totally reminds of growing up trapping in SK. Total déjà vu. Minus the eating of beaver.... Haha
Old 01-29-2012, 08:11 PM

OoopsI made a Typo It was suppose to say he is not one of the city dudes
But thanks for the blasting update there hero !!!!!!!!

Just saying the guy is pretty good at what he is doing.