Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-31-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
Pack, this may seem like a bit of a investment right now, but if you are serious about doing this spend $150 and join The Huntin Fool.
You will learn more from these guys than you can and 1000 hours on the internet. Money well spent!
Do you use them for your applications as well? Is $150 the cost for this as well?
Old 01-31-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteed17 View Post
Do you use them for your applications as well? Is $150 the cost for this as well?
Thats the cost of membership which gets you the magazine and information. Cheaper if you use a US mailing address obviously. Applications are handled separately but obviously Wyoming is about the easiest state to apply for.

I'm not a member but have considered it after reviewing some magazines in the past. Its a pretty good product and researching tool.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteed17 View Post
I apply myself. Just saves a guy a little bit of money. However with your membership they give you details on ever unit, on evey animal, in every western State. I use their website for tracking all of my draw/state info too.
If you ever have a question they are very helpful over the phone too. I think it is money well spent.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 02-01-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I apply myself. Just saves a guy a little bit of money. However with your membership they give you details on ever unit, on evey animal, in every western State. I use their website for tracking all of my draw/state info too.
If you ever have a question they are very helpful over the phone too. I think it is money well spent.
Ya applying in WY is a piece of cake but the others are kinda complicated. I'll have to check em out. Thanks
Old 02-01-2012, 08:27 PM

Default Antelope

The "Hunting Fool" is a good outfit,for considerably less money get a year's subscription to Eastman's Hunting Journal.With the subsription you get their MRS section each issue.This is a detailed assessment of draws ,odds, and info on all Western States.It is not in the newstand issues,members only.Wyoming antelope are covered in the Feb/Mar issue,I've already downloaded it it's worth looking at.Another trick IF you are thinking of going more than once is to put your first pick in for a unit you cannot draw with the preference points you have,and with your second pick put in for a 100% draw area.That way you will gain a point and still be able to hunt.Draw odds are on the Wyoming F&G site.See you there in October! Cheers,Monashee
Old 02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
sheephunter

Here's one that we saw today to droll over
Old 02-01-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you're down there fairly regularly.

What kind of hassle is it taking your rifle across the line? Bringing it back?