Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Banned

Default Why I Love AO

The fishing forum has an insane database of times, techniques, species, locations, and reasons not to drive all over the ice.

The hunting forum has awesome pics of big and not soo big, and I should have let that one grow a few more years, game.

Buy and sell has random good deals.

And general discussion, well, because of all the right-wing nut-jobs (joking).

Because y'all have such strong opinions, varied life experience, and are so damn willing to help out just about anyone that needs a hand.

Kudos.

Why do you love AO?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:45 PM

I like it because in times of need people deliver....in times of joy people offer kudos.....and in time of sorrow people offer condolences. There is lots of good info here to if you can see past the trolls and BS....

I have met some really good folks from here and looking forward to meeting more.

LC
Old 02-01-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post

Why do you love AO?
Decent bunch of guys and gals that enjoy the dame stuff I do, it's why I like posting here.
Met some members who have become pretty good friends here!
Cat
Old 02-01-2012, 07:56 PM

Because this is the only place I know of where there could be two separate threads on chainsaws in one day on the same forum.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 02-01-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Decent bunch of guys and gals that enjoy the dame stuff I do, it's why I like posting here.
Cat
X2, Also became friends with some folks I haven't met yet. (Hint--- I'm saving some 303 trinkets for the next "pay it forward" in the spring for a certain someone).
Old 02-01-2012, 07:57 PM

Personally, I prefer the 'guy' stuff - but if you like the 'dame' stuff, that's good too!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:39 PM

The dames here are the best you'll find anywhere!

Love the advice, the buy and sell, and everything in between. Feels good knowing maybe you've been able to help somebody out, and feels even better when somebody returns the favour!

Thanks to all for being here and including me!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:50 PM

Ya I keep coming back sure beats the bush apes farting on camp food. I am in alot of places where I do not have internet. Dang been in the bush since Dec 27. Free man today.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 02-01-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Cat
what kind of dame stuff do you do? please , please dont post any pictures !!!!!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 PM

double tap!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:

Cat
Hmmm, thata didn't print quite right , did it??!!
Cat
Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 PM

Waiting on the sci info as i could not make it myself....

couple days..... will know who won Mcallums elephant..
Old 02-01-2012, 09:53 PM

I enjoy it most for the entertainment value of the generl discussion. There needs to be a tv show, called the AO round table, where the threads are discussed in person instead of on the internet. Sure there may be the occasional little bit of blood shed and tears cried, but man would it be entertaining to watch. Would make WWE look like driving miss daisey
Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Banned

AO round table would be great.

Shooting and casting competitions to settle stalemate discussions or just old school feats of strength.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
I enjoy it most for the entertainment value of the generl discussion. There needs to be a tv show, called the AO round table, where the threads are discussed in person instead of on the internet. Sure there may be the occasional little bit of blood shed and tears cried, but man would it be entertaining to watch. Would make WWE look like driving miss daisey
I spoke with a friend who is a producer for CBC radio Montreal and brought the idea up of the best of the best of an AO show with every character on here taking calls,, then letting the AO panel answer. Would you tune into Hal53, Beeguy, Rugalta, Hunter Dave, Sundance and a few others going head to head,, that would be the best program out there. She hasn't balked on the idea yet.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

I love AO because I get letters from people berating me for saying the least insulting thing, and they write me as if they've known me for 30 plus years, yet we've never met... I do the same but I don't remember calling anyone a dipwad. Hmmm, maybe that's what I'll change my name to.

I also love AO, because we don't know what anyone looks like and (in my case) have had people challenge me to a fisticuffs,,, now I'm not sure about you, but if I chose to go head to head with Hal53 (which I wouldn't, because he adds the colour that makes the forum so gosh darn pleasing),, but hypothetically, if he and I met at the bikestands at lunchtime, I would not assume that he looks like a slouching Walter Mathau. My point is, it's great that we read posts and make a visual as if the words in posts provide weights height and bicep measurements.

But I bet you RedFrog has really bad breath.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 PM

I like AO because it are fun.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 PM

You would have to include eastcoast to round out the line up lol he seems to have a way of stoke the fire so to speak
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
I like AO because it are fun.
Go suss out other forums and it's hard to find discussions where the replies come in as fast as if it were chat.

an it are fun innit??
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Great bunch of guys/gals .. Met some good people from here as well . As stated before just have to see through the troll threads and postings .. Like to see when we all band together when someone is in need as well !!!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:23 PM

I like it cause of the people are great, for the most part. But I really enjoy looking at the pictures from people's hunting and fishing adventures and the tips and tricks I can learn to help better my experiences.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
I love AO because I get letters from people berating me for saying the least insulting thing, and they write me as if they've known me for 30 plus years, yet we've never met... I do the same but I don't remember calling anyone a dipwad. Hmmm, maybe that's what I'll change my name to.

I also love AO, because we don't know what anyone looks like and (in my case) have had people challenge me to a fisticuffs,,, now I'm not sure about you, but if I chose to go head to head with Hal53 (which I wouldn't, because he adds the colour that makes the forum so gosh darn pleasing),, but hypothetically, if he and I met at the bikestands at lunchtime, I would not assume that he looks like a slouching Walter Mathau. My point is, it's great that we read posts and make a visual as if the words in posts provide weights height and bicep measurements.

But I bet you RedFrog has really bad breath.
DANG!! I have NEVER ben called a dipwad in a PM!! You get all the cool mail!
oh, and as far as hal53 not looking likre ol' Walter - yo arre sooooo wrong on that one - was stunned by the resemblance when I first met him!!!!
Cat
Old 02-02-2012, 04:03 PM

Get to learn new things and see/hear about everyone's hunting/fishing/etc adventures.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
I spoke with a friend who is a producer for CBC radio Montreal and brought the idea up of the best of the best of an AO show with every character on here taking calls,, then letting the AO panel answer. Would you tune into Hal53, Beeguy, Rugalta, Hunter Dave, Sundance and a few others going head to head,, that would be the best program out there. She hasn't balked on the idea yet.
CBC!!!!??... Montreal????!!!!! not too likely....LOL!!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:54 PM

Why I love Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum .

Its pretty simple .

The memories , The well wishes , The arguments , If one of us goes down we are all there rallying to help that person out , When we find something we believe in we fight for it , When someone hasn't shown up for sometime we go searching for them , When someone does or says something foolish we take it and run with it , Etc .

Do these things sound familiar ? Its Because we are a family . We argue , we love , we stand behind each other .

Sure we haven't meet everyone , and i'm sure we wont ever meet a small chunk of the people here , but that never matters .

There have been some really awesome things happen here , several group meets , camping / fishing / hunting trips .

Members meeting one and other going out into the field doing the things we loved .

I know personally Ive meet several very special people that Id be damn proud to call a friend , Heck I am have self adopted people into my own family I can count on two hands how many brothers or sisters from anotha mother I have , and help them out . I cannot say enough about this place . It has its sticky moments , but beneath that we all stand united .

THAT IS WHY I LOVE ALBERTA OUTDOORSMEN FORUM !!!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
CBC!!!!??... Montreal????!!!!! not too likely....LOL!!!!
Listen Hal,,, everyone talks about unbalanced radio,, too lefty liberal and such,,, this show with you as the moderator would balance the CBC out,, think aboud'it??? AND, you get your tax dollars back and royalties from podcasts,,, and if you don't like that, then meet me at the bike racks at 4:00pm.

Plus, Videos of the show would go viral,, how many literal lynchings have occured on the radio?

Personally, I think it would put Howard Stern to shame.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
AO round table would be great.

Shooting and casting competitions to settle stalemate discussions or just old school feats of strength.
No one would show up for the shooting
Old 02-03-2012, 03:56 PM

I get more support here than my friends ...
Old 02-03-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Decent bunch of guys and gals that enjoy the dame stuff I do. Cat
Perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

k
Old 02-03-2012, 04:27 PM

basically i love ao forum because you guys convinced me im doing the right thing by moving to canada!
im british and will be in alberta in the next few months im coming alone so its a big move for me! but having seen how you guys stick together and how nice you guys are makes me a lot more confident