Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-08-2012, 08:25 PM

Default New Pontoon Boat

Ok so daddy needs a new pontoon boat this year. Been looking at this one for a while. I know they are stocked at WSS. I love all the storage. But it may be a little hard to handle on the water if winds picks up. And has no standing platform. Is there a boat out there that has it all?

http://directboats.com/20coxtinpobo.html

Its not too early to be thinking of such things is it? I must admit I have had the flyrod out already. We talked about old times. And some of the ones that got away. Cleaned the line and oiled the spool....

What?? I cant be the only one

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 03-08-2012, 08:30 PM
hunter49

i didnt see a report for k country? i guess you got skunked?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:36 PM

I have been eyeing up that one too anyone have any reviews?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:37 PM

Hey Jeff.

I looked into one of those boats a few years ago and am still not sure why I didn't pick one up. They had a really good deal on on them at peavey mart at the time.

I think it might have been the very mixed reviews I read online but I can't quite remember why.

I can't wait to get out with the pontoon this year and smash some fish on the fly gear.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:50 PM

K Country was a blast.. Literaly a blast. We got there and it was ok. As we started to set up. One of the group pulled in a nice Bull right away, then I think it was a Cutt next. After we dug out the snow and set up shop. Low and behold it started to blow. Ya I know wind on the Upper K.. Who would have thunk. To make a long story short it got so bad it blew out a pole on my fatfish.

Lots of ice up there. But 2 feet of snow, and a foot of that was slush in spots. ****ed myself off. After clearing all the snow down to clean ice. You dont realize how much clear ice the fatfish needs till you shovel 2 feet of wet snow out of the way. Punched through with the auger and you would of thought I busted a water main. I was marking fish on the sonar and another in the group had them on the cam. But the wind was the better man that day and we bailed around noon. Was a lot of work for just a few hrs of fishing. But thats part of the adventure.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:37 AM

I've had my Colorado for 3 years now and think it is great. No problems of any sort. Other fishermen who gave it the onceover at the lake were all impressed. They aren't any harder to control in the wind than any other pontoon boat and the storage is fantastic. I think they over engeneered the wheel though - to damn big and heavy - I have never used it except to try it out to see how it works. It does work as advertized.

I think that originally thre may have been some problems because they got some bad reviews but this was several years ago and I haven't heard anything bad about them since. I have never heard any specifics on what was bad about them.

Just after I got mine I had a problem with one of the valves so called them up. The phone was answer immediately by a pleasant young lady and she said she would ship a new valve out immediately. About an hour later I realized that the problem was of my own making and called her back to cancel the shipment.

Would I recommend this boat? Yes with no hesitation or reservation.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 03-09-2012, 04:20 PM

Dave Scadden's boats have it all.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:19 PM
hunter49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
To make a long story short it got so bad it blew out a pole on my fatfish.

wow..did you have all 6 of the screws in the ice? I wonder if they will return that or you are sol.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:20 AM

Had all four corners screwed as well as all four hubs with straps and screws. Bill at the fishing hole hooked me up good. Told him what happened and he handed me two new poles. As there is two different lengths of poles he gave me one of each. BPS told me I was screwed and needed to order online out of the states. Team fishn hole 1 BPS 0. Thanks Bill.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:15 AM

I have the Outcast Fish Cat 10-ir with a trolling motor mounted in the back. If it gets windy I just use the trolling motor to help me paddle. The standing platform is the best, helps stretch out the legs, and I even fish from it while the trolling motor is going. Almost feels like a mini bass boat

It's not that small and light though so it's a bit of a pain to get it back in the truck all in one piece.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:32 AM

I am thinking to buy either a pontoon or inflatable boat. I know pontoon would be cheaper, but inflatable boat also only cost about a grand. Which one would be better? Pro or con? no idea yet.......
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Banned

if you really want to wet your line go to salter. 2 days ago there were 8 guys fly fishing around the aereoter.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Dave Scadden's boats have it all.
I second that!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Banned

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshotz View Post
I have the Outcast Fish Cat 10-ir with a trolling motor mounted in the back. If it gets windy I just use the trolling motor to help me paddle. The standing platform is the best, helps stretch out the legs, and I even fish from it while the trolling motor is going. Almost feels like a mini bass boat

It's not that small and light though so it's a bit of a pain to get it back in the truck all in one piece.
Outcast make a good boat and have great customer service.