Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-15-2012, 12:59 PM

Default ?BroadHeads?

I have just bought the G5 montec cs broadheads and also there preseason heads to shoot this year. I had went out to shoot with the preseason heads at 20 yards and i couldnt shoot a group smaller then 6 inches. I was shooting the field points that moring too shooting two inch groups or smaller so i was wondering if broadhead tuning would help and ive never done that so im not sure how too. Or if you guys have any other sugestions please tell! thanks 1BUCKWILD1
Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BUCKWILD1 View Post
I have just bought the G5 montec cs broadheads and also there preseason heads to shoot this year. I had went out to shoot with the preseason heads at 20 yards and i couldnt shoot a group smaller then 6 inches. I was shooting the field points that moring too shooting two inch groups or smaller so i was wondering if broadhead tuning would help and ive never done that so im not sure how too. Or if you guys have any other sugestions please tell! thanks 1BUCKWILD1
Broadead tuning won't do much unless your bow is tuned first. You have something going on with the tune of your bow if I had one guess.

Field Points do not show issues with a poorly tuned bow as they are "steered" by the fletches only. Add a fixed broadhead and its a different game all together.

LC
Old 04-15-2012, 01:08 PM

Try to make sure the blades are in line with the vanes then give them a spin on your hand to see if they spin true no wobble. If there is a bit of a wobble find out where the high Side is and try to bend it strait. Just put a little pressure on it as so you don't bust anything. Give this a try I've had to do it a tonne of times. It's the main reason I switched to mechanicals. Good luck

RR
Old 04-15-2012, 06:07 PM

Paper tune it if you haven't already, just to double check. Easton has an amazing write up on their website for tuning.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:40 PM

thanks for the tips im going to go out tomorrow and paper tune my bow and see how that works. Ill keep you posted on how it goes.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:40 PM

Could be your rest is not centered, poor fletching, nock point or arrow not straight. Check your arrow spline with your draw weight and broadhead weight.