Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:19 PM

Default Wholesale sports...

Was in Edmonton today doing shopping so I thought I'd check out the .22 ammo.

I wanted some CCI Blazer, and maybe some federal.

30$ for Blazer and 27$ for federal. I thought he was joking so I got him to recheck the prices. I've purchased federal in wal-mart for under 25$ and I called to Bashaw sports, and Stettler earlier today and they both sold blazer for only 20$ a box.

The guy went on about how there's going to be a big ammo shortage and that I should buy it anyway. Then I imform him I can buy it for way cheaper in Bashaw.

His exact words "fine then,go and drive down to Bashaw and you'll spend more money on gas then you will buying it now."

Well I live about 10 minutes away from Bashaw so I told him I will.

Also told them to hold a SKS for me about two months ago, asked about them when I was there and they said they were still waiting.

I'm sure you guys will have a few good story's as well.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:51 PM

Nope, not me.
I don't do WSS threads.
It's all been said before.

TBark
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 PM

I'm compleatly upset with WSS! Won't go there anymore. When Cabellas came to Edmonton I took the stance buy Canadian and avoid the US chain. Boy has my view changed. Every time I go to WSS they never are stocked. I have to fight to get help, even if there are available staff. Best example I can give was my wife went there to buy me a trail cam for my birthday. She asked multiple staff for assistance as she knew nothing about them. Every one said not my department and that person wasn't in but they are over there go look. Same answer I always get. So she bout a cam. The most expensive one. I ended up returning it with her as she go one that required extra parts and a cell service to do all required functions. I took her to cabellas and said watch this. 5 minutes staring at cams and there was a staff member there. He answered every question we had knowlagably and sold us on a mid priced model cause in his experience it worked for him. On that note the same camera we returned was over $100 cheaper at cabellas. Every time I have gotten advice on products I have been met with seemingly knowlagable staff unlike WSS!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:26 PM

This topic has been beat to death, revived, beat to death etc etc

Yup. Not every shop has everything, some shops have poor examples of service, no one is the cheapest all the time......we have heard it all.

Sorry to hear your attempt to purchase ammo wasnt a good one but another thread about WSS or BPS or Cabelas or P&D or Milarm or WW Arcade just isnt needed.