Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2012, 06:43 AM

Default Kati the vizsla is having puppies

A few of you folks here know my girl, Kati. Well July 8 she's due.

We found a handsome young fellow down in Portland, with field and confirmation titles and a great disposition to boot. Should result in some outstanding youngins.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Banned

Congratulations on the upcoming blessed event.

All the best to dear Kati.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:11 AM

Congrats to your girl Ackley

They are a beautiful dog for sure. Made my short list when we were looking.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:22 PM

Ackley,

Congratulations! I bet she will have many beautiful puppies.
Is Kati from Hungary?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 PM

And when might they be for sale.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfy View Post
And when might they be for sale.
Sorry but they won't be. They were all spoken for, quite some time ago, but thanks for your interest.

They are a wonderful breed and if you are interested, there are a few good breeders in Canada which you can find through the V club or I can give you some names. Watch out for the KIJIJI adds though, it seems there are now a cpl of so-called breeders advertising.

Anyone that sells V's on KIJIJI is not a reputable breeder, in my opinion. All you need to ask them is about health testing (ie Hips, Elbows, Thyroid, eyes etc.) and see how they answer. Vizsla's are, for the most part, healthy in these areas because the breeders test and make sure nothing is passed on.

Last edited by ACKLEY ABE; 06-21-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: SPELLING
Old 06-21-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun-Ter View Post
Ackley,

Congratulations! I bet she will have many beautiful puppies.
Is Kati from Hungary?
She's actually from ....New Serepta...her sire is from South Dakota.and she is a descendant of:

Quintuple Champion "Chartay"
Inducted into the VCA Hall of Fame in August 2007
FC AFC OTCH MACH CH Legacy's DeChartay 5xUDX MH VC MX MXJ HOF
In August 2006, AKC recognized Chartay as the most accomplished dog in the AKC's 122 year history
Old 06-21-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKLEY ABE View Post
Sorry but they won't be. They were all spoken for, quite some time ago, but thanks for your interest.

They are a wonderful breed and if you are interested, there are a few good breeders in Canada which you can find through the V club or I can give you some names. Watch out for the KIJIJI adds though, it seems there are now a cpl of so-called breeders advertising.

Anyone that sells V's on KIJIJI is not a reputable breeder, in my opinion. All you need to ask them is about health testing (ie Hips, Elbows, Thyroid, eyes etc.) and see how they answer. Vizsla's are, for the most part, healthy in these areas because the breeders test and make sure nothing is passed on.
That's not what I wanted to hear. Yes definitely buyer beware on Kijji.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM

Congrats Abe!! Will be great to see some more reddogz rippin' around the great outdoors chasing birds!

BTW, my girl (posted pics in previous upland posts) is also pregnant and will be delivering within the next two weeks. I'm not sure if you were made aware, Abe. I'm getting excited! We expect the breeding to net exceptional birddogs and household companions! I can't wait to get them out in the field. I'll post some pics of the litter once they arrive.

I have most of the litter spoken for, but might have one or more 'extra' depending on the size of the litter. A couple of the pups are staying here in SK, one is going to AB and some to the States. My preference is that they are placed in hunting homes. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can provide all of the pertinent details (pedigrees, health tests, performance results, etc.).

Hope all goes well with Kati, Abe! Wish me luck, too!!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizlsasRok View Post
Congrats Abe!! Will be great to see some more reddogz rippin' around the great outdoors chasing birds!

BTW, my girl (posted pics in previous upland posts) is also pregnant and will be delivering within the next two weeks. I'm not sure if you were made aware, Abe. I'm getting excited! We expect the breeding to net exceptional birddogs and household companions! I can't wait to get them out in the field. I'll post some pics of the litter once they arrive.

I have most of the litter spoken for, but might have one or more 'extra' depending on the size of the litter. A couple of the pups are staying here in SK, one is going to AB and some to the States. My preference is that they are placed in hunting homes. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can provide all of the pertinent details (pedigrees, health tests, performance results, etc.).

Hope all goes well with Kati, Abe! Wish me luck, too!!
Great...congrats post pics and good luck.