Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM

Default Rod Questions

Hi all. Got some equipment questions to pose to you all.

1) I currently am fishing with a mid 90's Berkley Power Pole. 6'6, medium action. If that sounds familiar to anyone, it's a jet black rod with flourescent green tip. I know that production of these ended in the mid-late 90's. Does anyone know why this happened?

2) I really like the feel of this rod. Strong back, but very flexible and sensitive tip (get your mind out of the gutter you pervs!!! lol!!). But the clip that holds in my reel has broken. I currently am using duct tape to hold it in. Does anyone know of a rod that is currently available, but is comperable to the Power Pole? If not, does anyone know where a guy could find one of the original Power Poles for sale? There must be a schwack of them out there.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Banned

BigA,, try the new Shakespeer Ugly Stick I think they are very simular rods.. Good luck...
Old 06-10-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
Hi all. Got some equipment questions to pose to you all.

1) I currently am fishing with a mid 90's Berkley Power Pole. 6'6, medium action. If that sounds familiar to anyone, it's a jet black rod with flourescent green tip. I know that production of these ended in the mid-late 90's. Does anyone know why this happened?

2) I really like the feel of this rod. Strong back, but very flexible and sensitive tip (get your mind out of the gutter you pervs!!! lol!!). But the clip that holds in my reel has broken. I currently am using duct tape to hold it in. Does anyone know of a rod that is currently available, but is comperable to the Power Pole? If not, does anyone know where a guy could find one of the original Power Poles for sale? There must be a schwack of them out there.
Try e-bay.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippy View Post
Try e-bay.
Tried it already. None on there except for a newer one piece. I was looking for the 2 piece model. Thanks though!!