Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-28-2012, 10:49 AM

Default quad storage

Anybody have any ideas on where to store a quad safely for a decent price? Moving into a new house and there is no fence or garage. My friend seems to think it would be safe under the deck with a big chain and locked to the deck. I dont have a good feeling about it at all and someone could steal it easily if they wanted to. Thoughts anyone? I livei n Red deer.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 PM

If you can park it under the deck why not just build a small enclosure for it there? Pretty cheap and easy to do plus you can lock it to a pile post. If someone wants it bad enough they'll take it no matter where it is.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwild View Post
If you can park it under the deck why not just build a small enclosure for it there? Pretty cheap and easy to do plus you can lock it to a pile post. If someone wants it bad enough they'll take it no matter where it is.
what he said, but if you're THAT worried, my quad fit into a small storage unit when we were moving...phone your local storage place for a monthly fee and take measurements
Old 08-28-2012, 12:50 PM

Or move outta dead rear......Heard about lots of thefts around rd..
Old 08-28-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishzilla View Post
Anybody have any ideas on where to store a quad safely for a decent price? Moving into a new house and there is no fence or garage. My friend seems to think it would be safe under the deck with a big chain and locked to the deck. I dont have a good feeling about it at all and someone could steal it easily if they wanted to. Thoughts anyone? I livei n Red deer.
do you have theft insurance on it?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nait Hadya View Post
do you have theft insurance on it?
Yeah I do but i feel like if i left it under there it would get stolen in a heartbeat. Anyone driving down the alley will be able to see it.

Storage is stupid expensive like 80-90 bucks a month, eff that.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:07 PM

As mentioned, possibly build yourself a shelter. Close in the under-deck securely with plywood, locking gate. You can always offset it in a little bit and cover the entire area with a lattice to make it look pretty plus camo up the enclosure a bit. I was going to do this on my house but unfortunately the basement windows would end up closed in too and I like some natural light down there.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM

$80-90 a month is cheap, a buddy of mine paid close to $200 a month here in Edmonton for storage.
Definitely agree with building an enclosure under the deck, be the easiest way. Put a lock on the gate, take the battery out and put a camo cover over it, no one will see it.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:40 PM

If they want it they will have it . Do your best to keep out of the public eye. My neighbor had his stolen from the back yard last year. in chainlink fence with a padlock on the gate . They unbolted the hinges from the gate and rolled it out of there in the middle of the night while he slept in the house.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:48 PM

Run a big chain or cable through your wheels and lock it to the frame. Hard to drag all 4 wheels. Make it hard to take so they move on to the next target. Sad to say but thats the way it is now.