Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-19-2012, 05:06 PM

Default Deer Talk Deer call

I am wondering if any on here have used this call with any success. I read the book bought the video learned the call etc and have had limited success.Once I sat and called and had a WT doe come in behind me but I can't prove it was the call or just a fluke,and once I had a Muley buck on a dead run (hop) towards me and I blew the call .He stopped dead in his track and turned broadside to me.( I had no tag but it was pretty cool)
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Gone Hunting

I have seen a few does in the distance and called them in quite close with a deer talk call. But it isn't often that I will use the call without knowing there are deer close by.

I usually keep one handy. If I jump a deer and it starts to run off, a few squeeks on the call will most often stop the deer and they will often come back for a look.

Once I saw some wolves chasing white-tails in a cut-block and used a fawn distress call on a "Deer Talk" to bring two wolves to me on the run. I shot both of them.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...