Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Elnino54

Default Whats you're favorite ATV Tire.....??

I'm sure some of you guys have gone through several sets of ATV Tires. What is your favorite tire for Mud and Snow use ?? Mostly for hunting purposes and has anyone tried the Goodyear Mudrunner Run Flats ?? Thx.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:36 PM
BL

Default Mudrunner

I have mudrunners (not run flats) on my Polaris. They are great. Bear Claws on my Yamahas. They are good for the money. BL
Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 AM
WCTHEMI

Default Re: Mudrunner

I am currently running mud-lites, but will be switch to Mud-Bugs shortly as I want something more aggressive for mud riding. The best tire to suit your needs depends entirely on the type of riding you want to do.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 AM
MUDDSTER

Default Re: Mudrunner

I use the MUD Bugs and I am very happy with them.... and they go with my name !!!!!:lol :lol
Old 03-12-2007, 07:01 AM
prairieboy

Default atv tires

My favorite is the goodyear mudrunner,but I prefer the non run flat version as the run flats seem to ride rougher due to the stiff sidewalls.Gators and mud bugs are also quite good.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:24 AM
sdeviation

Default Re: atv tires

i havent tried anything new yet .
i had a 98 450 honda and ran 26inch vamps on it ,it was well balances with these tires .
i now have a 01 rubicon with 28 inch mudzillas on it . this is way over kill for this machine .It has a hard time turnin them
when ya get in the soft stuff,as long as u keep movin ur fine but if u stop its difficult to get them turn again. Another downfall is they r extremely heavy ,there is a lot of rubber there.
I have found that varing the air pressure helps alot .

My buddies r runnin mud lites and mud bugs and they do as
good as me if not better, and they r a well priced tire.

just my .02cents
Old 03-12-2007, 09:55 AM
FiveO

Default Mudlite

If you want a good all around tire go with the MudLites. I have 26' on my Rubicon and they work great in the mud, snow and trails. Only thing is you cant put tire chains on them because of the treed pattern.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Rookie Recurve

Default Re: Mudlite

I had 589's on a kodiak 400 26" and really liked em a lot. Very agressive, good for mud and muskeg, smooth at speed, but bumpy when you are going slow. I really liked my 26x12 + 26x10 Mud Lite XL's. The XL's have deeper lugs on them. And that bomby 800 could really throw the mud! Note to that the 400 kodiak had a tough time turning 26' tires in deep clay (low range even!).
Old 03-12-2007, 06:07 PM
kodiak338

I have 27" ITP 589's on my Polaris an love them. Very puncture resistant and will go anywhere.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
elkchaser

I love my 27 mudlite xl,s on my 05 700 sportsman , only use my winch to pull out friends..:lol
Old 03-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Re: Whats yo

Mud lites and 500 studs
Old 03-13-2007, 10:05 AM
HUNTNUT

Default Re: Re: Whats you're favorite ATV Tire.....??

Performance wise there's little differance between the mudlite and the mudbug. One thing though is that a 26" mudlite is the same height as a 27" mudbug. Even though there is supposed to be 1" differance between them when you put them side by side they are the same mainly because the mudlite has a taller lug.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:11 PM
RockyMtnx

Default Re: Re: Whats you're favorite ATV Tire.....??

I have tried:
Mud Bugs
Mud Lites
Carslie ATC (Ducks Unlimited)
Vamps
Mudzillas
Outlaws

The best all around tire was the Mud Bug.
The best mud tire was the Outlaw.
The worst riding tire was the Outlaw
The best riding tire was the Carlise