Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 PM

Default favorite Blind/tree stand for bow

As a new bowhunter I am just looking for some input on some good ground blinds/tree stands that you have dealt with.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:17 PM

Ameristep Tomtaker.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 PM

go to ebay for buying blinds, 99 bucks for an ameristep brickhouse blind, i think whole sale had em on sale for 180, trophy book probably sells em for 500 j/j
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 PM

I have a Lone wolf hand climber and a hang on I don't remember the name of. It took awhile (2 or 3 times) to get used to the hand climber but once I did it was pretty easy to use. I love how light it is and easy to pack but admittedly is not the most comfortable. With stands it really comes down to how you are going to use them. If I was on private land and was confident my stand was relatively safe I'd go with a ladder stand. Suffer once dragging it in and every other time you just hike in, climb up and you're good to go.

I haven't tried a blind but may next year. I like the ones with "D" style doors an not a vertical zipper, where you "pull apart" one corner to climb through to get inside. I also don't like velcro mesh.

Good luck with your search.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 PM

Lots of good stands out there... for a blind I like the Bone Collector from Ameristep. It is It is similar to the Brick house except it is a few inches taller with bigger windows... both of which are nice when using a bow. It comes with the velcro shoot through mesh but I just took it off. Didn't want to take the chance of it messing up a shot.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 PM

ill second the lone wolf climbing stands, i have the hand climber though, nice and light and comfortable