Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2007, 01:22 AM
kanonfodder

Default Re: RD Sportsman show

Bob I will toss in my opinion on the Ed shows, lots of boats, ski and show, lots of waterports, wetgear etc, tons of display space still light on hunting/fishing stuff imo, they made a mistake letting the village and the hole leave and do there own free show, ( it's a good show but its like a big garage sale for the 2 companies, some other displays outfitters and booths unwilling to pay the Sportsman show prices) I like to go to both, but i usually buy at the free show to be honest.....
Old 03-06-2007, 01:28 AM
sheep hunter

They didn't really let them go kanon...it was much more complicated than that and they have done much to try and get them back. The Fishin' Hole is back in Calgary show now. The new show manager is busting her butt to increase the hunting and fishing component in both Edmonton and Calgary but it's going to take time. Trust me, they aren't keeping hunting and fishing retailers and manufacturers out, they welcome them with open arms but you can't force them to come. I see how much effort they are putting in and it is paying off.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:47 AM
whitetrail

hi bobcat ,what booth will you be at?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:24 AM
varmitr

bobcat guy,
its on par with years past, ive probably been to 8 out of 10, for $6.00 gate pass, its OK, i guess i just go to see what i want and hope that something else is interesting. it was still way better value than the motorcycle show that was just here...
The bad:
-There were three chiropractor booths there, what possible connection can they have to the show?
-hot tubs??
-that stinky old grizz from the "zoo"
-no (limited) guns, gunsmiths, and related.

The good:
-nice sized booths and displays,
-its close to home, with good hours
-great networking potential
id like to see a shed antler/ mounted deer collection, from local contributors
Old 03-06-2007, 11:27 AM
bobcatguy1

Hey whitetrail I was at the show with The RDF&G. I was kind of a floater. worked at our booth, on security & whatever else was needed over the 3 days of the show. I prolly wont be at the Ed. show. RD show is over , attendance was up this year & I heard lots of positive comments on it both from exibitors & the public. Bigger & better next year we hope.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:43 AM
bobcatguy1

I too wondered about any possible connection with chiropracters. Hot tubs, good filler but would fit the home show next weekend better. That old griz from the zoo drew in crowds all weekend. They also had a black bear there. I too would like more guns & gunsmiths,especially local gunsmiths but maybe they spend their advertizing $ on gun shows. We are working on one of them for next year, gun show.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:46 AM
sheep hunter

Default Re: Not this year

That would be awesome if you could get the gun guys back bobcat. I remember the old days of the Red Deer Show when there was an entire room of gun tables.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
TBark

Default Re: Re:Sportsman show

Red Deer #'s appeared to be up, crowded at times, and slow sometimes, just seeing how many cards and brochures went off the table.
Good to have met some of you guys, varmitr and bobcat,
Set up in Edmonton is only 8 days away.

TBark
Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 AM
qbochar

I will be at the Edmonton show selling tickets for Morinville F&G's quad on thur and fri evening.

Hope to see some of you there.