Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2013, 05:03 PM

Default Items Stolen

Stolen

2005 yellow Bombardier 4oo atv vin 2BVEKCF175V000575

1997Green Honda 400 TRX Foreman ATV vin 478TE202XVA201751

2011 16 ft White (covered) Forest River Cargo Mate Trailer
vin 5NHUBL626BT428532

This was taken from a lot beside Advantage Storage in Griffin Industrial Park Cochrane AB

Would anyone out there pm me with any info as this was lost by a friend. Please keep an ear out for people who have stuff which they cannot afford ect

Could this get pinned for a week?

http://www.canadianconstitutionfoundation.ca/donate.php

If you need their help.

http://www.canadianconstitutionfoundation.ca/case.php
Old 03-30-2013, 09:14 PM

reported to RCMP. Is there a website that the sledders and offroaders visit?

If you need their help.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:36 PM

I cannot fathom how these idiots whom steal can even
remotely enjoy their stolen labours of mechanical fruit.
I wouldn't want anything to do with things i didn't strive
in some way for!
Total pond scum of fecal matter i can only conclude..

You should post/put up recent pictures foothillsman.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:04 PM

I'll see if he has any pics

If you need their help.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
in some way for!

I think the bigger issue is the people who are buying them. If there wasn't a market for stolen quads, then the amount if thefts would be lower. The person stealing them is probably some strung out loser who doesn't care and just needs cash, but how can the person buying it sleep at night, knowing they own something, for an extremely cheap price, that someone else worked hard to buy. The people buying the stuff should be fined/punished just as much or more than the person who stole it.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
in some way for!

Just lazy POS. someday they Will get theirs
Old 03-30-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
I think the bigger issue is the people who are buying them. If there wasn't a market for stolen quads, then the amount if thefts would be lower. The person stealing them is probably some strung out loser who doesn't care and just needs cash, but how can the person buying it sleep at night, knowing they own something, for an extremely cheap price, that someone else worked hard to buy. The people buying the stuff should be fined/punished just as much or more than the person who stole it.
They will if they are caught, possesion of stolen goods. aAnd they are out the money they spent. They can't even register them if they are reported stolen unless they know how to get around the VI#
Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 PM

Default It's a big problem-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
They will if they are caught, possesion of stolen goods. aAnd they are out the money they spent. They can't even register them if they are reported stolen unless they know how to get around the VI#
Unfortunately they can register them no problem in another province. The RCMP don't openly share that info between provinces / cities, etc.
The insurance companies try to monitor this kind of stuff but it's pretty much a joke.
It happened to me; had quads stolen, found them by accident registered in BC- new owner paid fair price and had no idea.
Insurance claimed them back, and they were not charged with possession of stolen goods as they bought in good faith, had bill of sale, etc. and registered them no problem.
Stolen stuff is registered here in AB all the time too.

-Will
Old 03-30-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takkotime View Post
Unfortunately they can register them no problem in another province. The RCMP don't openly share that info between provinces / cities, etc.
The insurance companies try to monitor this kind of stuff but it's pretty much a joke.
It happened to me; had quads stolen, found them by accident registered in BC- new owner paid fair price and had no idea.
Insurance claimed them back, and they were not charged with possession of stolen goods as they bought in good faith, had bill of sale, etc. and registered them no problem.

-Will
I did not know that, but makes sense the provinces don't track each others registrations. Too bad.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:32 AM

Terrible news, I hope they turn up...preferably sitting on top of the thieves corpses. Bump back up to the top.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:00 PM

Please put up pics speedily..this recently stolen package deal is about timing at present. I figure about this time next week the merchadise will have safely
arrived to it's forever homes/painted/unreconizable then trashed for a AO member to discover in the bush whilst hunting..
Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:

-Will
So what I am getting from this is if I have anything stolen that I should try registering them in BC or Sask to see if they get flagged as already registered
Old 03-31-2013, 01:52 PM

Default Maybe a good idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
So what I am getting from this is if I have anything stolen that I should try registering them in BC or Sask to see if they get flagged as already registered
I suppose, yeah- Craziest thing for me was that the registries office wouldn't even let me see the bill of sale from 'me' to the new owners as it was a FOIP protected thing when I asked- The police were able to get it though.
As far as I know a lot of stuff also goes to the NWT / Yukon etc as well (or whatever it is called nowadays, lol.)
Old 03-31-2013, 02:02 PM

If you need their help.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
-Will
Actually, if the serial numbers are known, they are entered on the CPIC system, which is Canada wide, all accredited police agencies have access to this system. It is the Motor Vehicle Branch system which does not always go inter provincial.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:26 PM

Default True;

CPIC is supposed to have the info entered; but it does not stop anyone from registering anything provincially, you'd think it would!
The public is supposed to be able to search it as well if you are unsure of an item, although it sure doesn't appear effective.
Unless the police check your VIN on a random stop you'll never be caught / and or compare your VIN to the plate- but how many times does that happen.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:26 PM

I just responded to a private message, and posed the question, why not a sticky on offroading and quadding forums for stolen property. This would give people who are buying private a chance to lower the possibility they are not buying stolen property. Report suspicious sales to the RCMP. Why not on this Forum? It could possibly save fellow members grief of buying stolen property.

If you need their help.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:

-Will
Registered in BC?? I have a relative that owns a ranch in southern BC, and they had a plate on their ATV. Other than that I do not know a single person that has registered an ATV...not even sure if there is such a thing as a atv registry in BC???? Weird.

Those stolen machines could be torn down and sold for parts on Ebay too.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:13 PM

Default They havent had it forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Registered in BC?? I have a relative that owns a ranch in southern BC, and they had a plate on their ATV. Other than that I do not know a single person that has registered an ATV...not even sure if there is such a thing as a atv registry in BC???? Weird.

Yeah I believe they started in 2009 and now its a one time registration if you are operating on crown land.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah I believe they started in 2009 and now its a one time registration if you are operating on crown land.
News to me.....and everyone else too. :-)
Old 03-31-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
CPIC is supposed to have the info entered; but it does not stop anyone from registering anything provincially, you'd think it would!
The public is supposed to be able to search it as well if you are unsure of an item, although it sure doesn't appear effective.
Unless the police check your VIN on a random stop you'll never be caught / and or compare your VIN to the plate- but how many times does that happen.
It is unfortunate that all of the Provincial registries do not have a direct link to CPIC, it would be an easy way to eliminate stealing in one Province and then registering a vehicle in another Province. It is a simple, or not so simple matter, of eliminating the the barriers between the various Provinces when it comes to sharing information. Although not an official policy, we would check a VIN if somebody came to our front counter, we were not allowed to give out specific information, but we could help the general public from buying and registering stolen items, as long as they had been entered on CPIC.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:

I dunno about the parts ending up on eBay. They probably sold their computers for crack a long time before they stole quads lol.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:27 PM

Default Yeah, I dunno.

Quote:
News to me.....and everyone else too. :-)
I just did a quick look and found this article from CBC. ICBC has some info too, and like I said not sure about how the rules work in BC but the people who had mine had them registered.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...gulations.html
Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 PM

Trailer and sled found, quads taken. Found in Calgary and the police are looking for finger prints.

If you need their help.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 PM

That's good to hear, at least you got some stuff back
Old 04-05-2013, 06:07 PM

More info to come. Anyone in Cochrane and surrounding area should report suspicious activity to cops. They may be scoping your stuff out.

If you need their help.