Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2013, 06:00 PM

Default Vacuum Sealer Recommendations Please...

Hey Boys,

What vacuum sealer would you recommend? I'm thinking Costco in case it craps out.

Interested in hearing your experiences and input.

Thanks,
sns2
Old 04-03-2013, 06:34 PM

I've had a Costco one for years and love it, but a friend bought one and it didn't work at all... mine is just starting to die after 7 years, but might just need a good cleaning. I will buy one there again
Old 04-03-2013, 07:26 PM

Cabelas has some pretty good vac sealers. I have had the CG-15 for at least 7 years with no troubles. The good thing about Cabelas units is that they are repairable, with parts readily available. Their warranty is not too bad either.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:40 PM

I have being using one called Food Saver for 15 years or so and it is still working great
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 PM

You could get a chamber sealer...
Old 04-03-2013, 09:15 PM

We have gone through the food savers (3 of them) before we bought the Pro2300 vacuum sealer. have never looked back since. A little pricey, but it has never slowed down or missed a beat.

We vac seal a ton of stuff; 150+lbs of fish/year, 75-100 lbs of pepperoni and sausages/year, 50 lbs of veggies and numerous other items.

I have heard good things about the Cabelas one as well and I believe the Weston one is like the Pro 2100/2200. The chamber sealers are sweet, but a few dollars more.....

Cheers

SS
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 PM

Food Saver has been treating us okay for a number of years. The Black and Decker unit did not last long.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:09 PM

I just got one for 60$ from can tire.... It may be food saver, don't know off hand.

Works great for me, use it for meat and smoked fish.. Had it 2 years and it has not failed on me yet.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:26 PM

On our second Turbo Food Saver unit. Does the job.
If I have to get another I will consider one of the HD units like the Pro2300
Old 04-05-2013, 11:00 AM

I have a costco one and it works well.... if you're planning on vacuum sealing more than one big game animal I'd consider one a little more industrial. Costco had good ones for around $250 (they were only online and were yellow in color)... I hesitated and ended up getting the one for $160.

Would I buy it again... yes.... if the other one they had was available online I would of bought that one. The issue is when you are vacuum sealing 50 lbs of meat the sealer is working pretty hard and I'm afraid if you went hard at it the vacuum motor would burn out. Kinda like running a little compressor without giving it time to cool off. Had a neighbor that burned out a donut compressor running 3 airguns off of it.... the brand new porter cable machine died in one afternoon. I have the same compressor and I've been running it for 7 years. If you plan on sealing lots you won't regret paying more now than buying a cheaper one then having to replace it. Moral of the story is if you get a lighter one give it a chance to cool off as you use it and it'll serve you well... if not it'll die pretty quick.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
We have gone through the food savers (3 of them) before we bought the Pro2300 vacuum sealer. have never looked back since. A little pricey, but it has never slowed down or missed a beat.

We vac seal a ton of stuff; 150+lbs of fish/year, 75-100 lbs of pepperoni and sausages/year, 50 lbs of veggies and numerous other items.

I have heard good things about the Cabelas one as well and I believe the Weston one is like the Pro 2100/2200. The chamber sealers are sweet, but a few dollars more.....

Cheers

SS
I have the same on reccomedation of SS and I love it blows any food saver out of the water.
I found mine for about $400 off amazon
http://www.westonsupply.com/Weston-V...%20sealers.htm
They are avalible at Halford and Hide also.
The Cabelas one seems very good also and is very similar to the 2300.

The speed and ease of use of the 2300 is awsome!!

Food saver bags are still very good ....anyone have suggestions or reccomendations on something just as good but cheaper or somewhere to get foodsaver bags for cheap???....right now I just buy mine from walmart.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Canadian Tire has the Food Saver on right now, reg $150, sale $99.