Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
I CAN identify albertas game fish 100%. Therefore.... If i CANNOT identify a species it will be bonked on the head......HARD!!!!!! Think about it people.
Bonked even harder if you can identify 50% or zero %. Like those humongous perch at Lake Macgregor.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
I CAN identify albertas game fish 100%. Therefore.... If i CANNOT identify a species it will be bonked on the head......HARD!!!!!! Think about it people.

SOOO are you just very knowledgeable or are you from the Phillipines?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I have never been guilty of misidentifying a fish or game species that I have retained....

When you take up fishing or hunting you have a responsibility to know/identify what species you are harvesting, in the case of fishing....if you don't 100% know, let it go.

LC
When I said everone has been wrong at one time or another I was speaking in general not just fish identification.

As for as your comment, you came only believe you have never miss identifided a fish you can never know for sure no one can but I know you will rebuck this
Old 05-27-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new LT View Post

When I said everone has been wrong at one time or another I was speaking in general not just fish identification.

As for as your comment, you came only believe you have never miss identifided a fish you can never know for sure no one can but I know you will rebuck this
ummm ok.....you lost me kid, I have no idea what message you are trying to get across....

Good luck in your ventures of capturing the elusive Alberta Tilapia!

LC
Old 05-27-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Failure to correctly identify the species of retained fish implies that ignorance is an excuse. Ignorance is not an excuse. Apathy is also not an excuse.

Fishing is a privilege, not a right. Retaining any fish, is a privilege - not a right.

Peon.

It is my right to fish, and to eat fish. Fight for your rights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
Nope, you are a moron (just kidding),, I have always said that kids and seniors should pay,, and I issue enough licenses on enough paper to see a large family through on toilet paper for a year. I should also note that about 1 in 20 license issues has someone asking for a discount, from excuses such as, I'm disabled, just laid-off, there is only 10 months left in the year, and so forth.

By raising the fee's, people will take things really seriously,, like golf, have you ever had a discussion with an avid golfer,, holy carp, if tee-times cost a nickle these twits wouldn't talk like they're captains of industry, but they do, because it's expensive. Have you ever met that family of super smug skiers at Lake Louise,, if skis cost a dime and a ski-pass cost a loonie, Lake Louise would sound like Phils Pancake House on Barlow Trail at 8:00am.

So, until Fishing moves up the ranks to that of an elite sport, it will always be considered a joke, a backwoods pastime (except for flyfishing).

$100 licences. You have proposed a great idea in concept, but have failed to show true follow through.

Lets make it $1,000,000.

Yes Gust, the low ridin' public needs to be filtered from polluting our great outdoors with their presence. I suggest let's purchase the fishing rights for all of Alberta and sell memberships. Admission to the club won't be too judgemental, there must be at least a dozen people that might be acceptable.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Nope, it's the best reasoning period; until the price matches the price of the fishery, the Alberta fishery will remain to be seen as a joke. If a family of 4 had to buy my scheme, the cost for all the first W.I.N cards and first fishing licenses would be equal or less than equal to the cost for that family to a one day outing at the Calgary Stampede.

How much do you think your part of the fishery is worth a year, $26.44?

You actually haven't given a reason for justifying having seniors and kids pay, you merely said they should pay. What is your reasoning?
You can find my reasoning on other threads about that topic. There are legit reasons to increase licence fees, but what you have suggested is not one of them. Get a grip and
Old 05-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
You can find my reasoning on other threads about that topic. There are legit reasons to increase licence fees, but what you have suggested is not one of them. Get a grip and
Weird, I'm supposed to keep track of your opinions on other threads when all you have to do is type out your reasoning behind your fee hike???????

Simple question dude,,, what are your reasons for a price hike.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Peon.

It is my right to fish, and to eat fish. Fight for your rights!

$100 licences. You have proposed a great idea in concept, but have failed to show true follow through.

Lets make it $1,000,000.

Yes Gust, the low ridin' public needs to be filtered from polluting our great outdoors with their presence. I suggest let's purchase the fishing rights for all of Alberta and sell memberships. Admission to the club won't be too judgemental, there must be at least a dozen people that might be acceptable.
Wow, I can't beleive you of all people actually posted.

How is $150 expensive for the first time you fish,, ONE YEAR, not $150++++ for a cell phone per month. Second and all following w.i.n and licenses $75. How much is the great outdoors worth to you?
Old 05-27-2013, 05:48 PM

Here is a read on them for sale in Canada

David

http://www.aquaculture.ca/files/species-tilapia.php
Old 05-27-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
SOOO are you just very knowledgeable or are you from the Phillipines?
Maybe both.... for sure im right...
Old 05-27-2013, 07:47 PM

That is all
Old 05-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
ummm ok.....you lost me kid, I have no idea what message you are trying to get across....

Good luck in your ventures of capturing the elusive Alberta Tilapia!

LC
Sorry tried to reply on BB and cant see letters good.

What I was trying to say was you may believe you have never been guilty of misidentifying a fish you retained.
but you can never be sure and you can never prove it.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new LT View Post
Sorry tried to reply on BB and cant see letters good.

What I was trying to say was you may believe you have never been guilty of misidentifying a fish you retained.
but you can never be sure and you can never prove it.
Ummm yah I can I am a catch and release fisherman only....I don't eat fish

LC
Old 05-27-2013, 08:09 PM

Default wow

hello everybody I was wrong in putting any comments or question`s on this forum if I was wrong in anyway in doing anything to break any law I should be charged I am a man who would not try to denie any wrong doing so if there are any fish cop`s on here I gladly give my address to look at my catch all 5 are in my freezer so I will not comment anytime in the future on any subject at any time thank you to all on here.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ummm yah I can I am a catch and release fisherman only....I don't eat fish

LC
Well played then .....lol
Old 05-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdrop View Post
hello everybody I was wrong in putting any comments or question`s on this forum if I was wrong in anyway in doing anything to break any law I should be charged I am a man who would not try to denie any wrong doing so if there are any fish cop`s on here I gladly give my address to look at my catch all 5 are in my freezer so I will not comment anytime in the future on any subject at any time thank you to all on here.
The point that people are trying to make is; we have a certain amount of fish in Alberta which are easily identified. When a fisherfolk (friend or not) mistakes it for a fish from Indonesia, then we get worried, firstly, maybe it's invasive,, and secondly, maybe the friend needs to brush up on fish one would catch in Alberta.

Keep posting, just don't use the talapia word,,,,, would they make good pike bait?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:41 PM

Talapia.......... Carp............neither belong.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 PM

google : 2009 fish survey in recently dewatered western irrigation district canal by Aquality environmental consulting. This will explain everything to all of you. And you should also realize that these fish have been out there for at least 6 years now. They have been spilling out in to the South Saskatchewan river system via the Red deer river's irrigation fed tributaries for several years now. I do not believe they are able to get in to the irrigation line that sends water south to the Bow river; however by this time they could be anywhere and everywhere,up the creek and down the river. Too bad you did not catch 500...
Read it and get a prussian carp posse together...
Dave.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdrop View Post
You can just send us each $50 and we won't tell on you ..........lol.

Don't worry - hopefully you learned something ..... that is what is great about this forum. What you took from the Lake is most likely a non-game fish species, in which case you are OK.

Do us all a favor and study the game fish so you can properly identify them.

In the meantime ............ eat the evidence.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Gone Hunting

So has anyone eaten these grass carp? Smoked them?

I'm not asking about regular carp, just the grass carp?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-27-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Wow, I can't beleive you of all people actually posted.

How is $150 expensive for the first time you fish,, ONE YEAR, not $150++++ for a cell phone per month. Second and all following w.i.n and licenses $75. How much is the great outdoors worth to you?

I'm not opposed to considering increased licence fees for the sake of the fishery, but not as a means to create an Elitist sport.

Even if the goal was to create a clearcut fishing community, financial barriers would not positively effect the ratio of ethical fishers.

Maybe we should have a floating fee structure based on a "seriousness" profile?
Old 05-28-2013, 07:40 AM
Banned

Maybe those with the desire and means can donate to an NGO.

There are lots of conservation groups out there.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
I'm not opposed to considering increased licence fees for the sake of the fishery, but not as a means to create an Elitist sport.

Even if the goal was to create a clearcut fishing community, financial barriers would not positively effect the ratio of ethical fishers.

Maybe we should have a floating fee structure based on a "seriousness" profile?
X2 Exactly! Well said!