Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-15-2013, 11:29 AM

Thanks bro!!! That kind of encourage me to keep trying cuz after some years of scouting and seeing nothing, you get so frustrated! Nice adventures though...

Thanks again!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAER View Post
Gang:

My experience is drawing sheep tags occured in the States but I believe my experience may give some of you hope.

I shot a Stone sheep in 1978 and a Dallsheep in 1979. I had no other sheep action for years but I contined to apply for Big Horn in Montana and in Wyomig. The guided hunts for Big Horn and Desert were too costly for my blood.

In 2000 I said "what the Hell" and applied for an Arzonia Desert Big Horn tag. Bingo, I received a tag. My boy and I went down there and I shot a nice 10 year old in 2 days.

In 2002, for the first time, I send in a Idaho tag draw for a Big Horn. Bingo, I got another tag. It took 6 day for hunting by myself to get a 10 year old ram.

So one can never tell when a Black Swan will occur.

Bye the bye I have hunted whitetail in Alberta since 1993. In that time I have shot 5 whitetail which qualify for B & C. Luck seems to overshadow skill!

LW
Dillon, Mt

LW;

You are one heck of a lucky dude to draw AZ in your first try. I am P7 and still waiting. My day will come.