Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 PM
nube

Default I need a few empty 300 win mag boxes Please

hey guys, I need a few empty 300 win mag boxes. I am supose to have my amo in a factory labelled box to take shells into Africa. I can put my reloads into them to get them over there. I live in Sherwood park and if you can spare your empty boxes it would help me out. I'll even return them if you want.
Thanks
Phil
Old 04-24-2007, 07:50 PM
BrownBear416

Default 300

Pm me your address and i will send you some.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:55 PM
nube

Default Re: 300

Sent you a Pm.
Thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 08:48 AM
OutdoorChet

Good plan Nube. I had to do a lot of talking to keep my hand loaded ammo on a domestic flight last year even though it was in a really good hard case that held each cartridge separately. They definately want to see original packaging.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:05 AM
OutdoorChet

It's also a good idea to print off the airline rules for transportation of fireamrs and ammo and carry them with you on your flight because I've noticed that each person tends to change them a bit and if you can pull out the rules when being questioned on something you'll be better off.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:26 AM
FiveO

Default 300

I think i have a couple box's and i live in Sherwood Park.
If you still need them let me know.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
tyu33

I've got a couple and live in Sherwood Park also.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:38 PM
nube

If you guys could Pm your personal info I could give you a call and come grab them. It would save Brownbear the hassle of sending them in the mail.
Thanks
Old 04-26-2007, 12:37 AM
cmfic1

I thought you were taking your STW?

I have read several times, that they are real sticky in Africa, about Firearms/Ammo and the Transportation there of.
Most, if not all times, if your headstamp on your Shell and/or the box of ammo doesnt match what your rifle says, you will most certainly have problems with the officials.

Example: On another forum, a guy posted that his bbl. stamped 280 A.I. didnt match his .280 Rem. Stamped cartridges, and after a few hrs. of BS they confiscated his Cartridges.................Try finding .280 A.I. or 7mmSTW Shells in Africa!!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:36 AM
nube

You are right Rod. I am taking the STW but my dad didn't have all of his paperwork for his 7MM and I have to take a 2nd gun for him to use so he is using my 300 win mag and some 165 gr Barns X. I think it should do the job just great. I have a few boxes for my STW now thanks to another guy on the forum and I just need to get some for the 300. I have heard of problems before and that is why I am trying to find the right boxes that match up to the headstamp of the shell casing. I just got my import/export papers yesterday fromthe Gov't and need to sign and send them back. Hope all works out in the end because I too have heard a few horror stories.
Phil
Old 04-26-2007, 02:29 PM
cmfic1

Just lookin' out for you little buddy.

The .300 w/ 165 X, will be perfect!!