Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-22-2014, 12:44 PM

Default Saunders Hyper Glide

After getting my cables changed recently... I'm noticing the beginnings of wear from what I presume is my cable slide. Heard lots of good things about the Saunders Hyper Glide so I ordered one.

Gonna be installing it tonight on my Assassin.

Anything that I should be careful of or watch for?

Do I want to make sure that the cables are pulled the EXACT same amount from my stock slide?
Old 02-22-2014, 02:45 PM

I have had them in the past and will be ordering them for my bows right away here.

They work really well and made the draw on my bows smoother.

They will probably pull the cables a bit closer to the cable rod but I did notice that it didn't wear out the cables like the other slides I have had.

I can't get them locally so I have to order them online. I need to get 3 of them ordered before I start shooting more then I am now.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:53 PM

That's good to hear... The wear on my cable could have also been caused by slight fletching contact because I'm using the wide profiled Fusion 2.1 vanes. After just installing the hyper glide I see that I have an extra 1/16th or two clearance. First few shots feel smoother and no extra noise.

So far so good... was just worried about causing extra cam lean - but I've also been told that it's not as evil as alot of people make it out to be.

We'll see how she goes I guess
Old 02-22-2014, 11:25 PM

Cable wear was most likely from your old slide. A lot of stock slides cause quite a bit of cable wear from what I have seen.

If you are in a bind and can't get a better slide just take some sandpaper rolled up and smooth out anywhere that the cables touch on the stock slide. It should get you through until you can get a better one and won't wreck your cables anymore.