Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-16-2013, 01:01 PM

My SEXY!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1238204_10153364319145265_688253465_n.jpg (104.4 KB, 148 views)
Old 10-16-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
was just reading on archerytalk the carbon knight is gonna be the replacement for the assassin and the price is going to reflect that
They just released the Carbon Rose, a ladies carbon bow.

LC
Old 01-05-2014, 12:25 PM

So after a hunting season with the carbon knight what are the thoughts of people who used them? I am considering this bow b/c of its light mass wieght, shoulder injury from last summer has me cringing at my 4+ pound bare bows after only 30 arrows. Need to go carbon this year to keep shooting as much as I like.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:30 PM

I would think the draw weight and draw cycle of the bow would have more to do with aggravating your shoulder than the weight of the bow.

Less than one pound dead weight would make much difference IMHO.

LC
Old 01-05-2014, 02:55 PM

I am interested in possibly picking up the CK as well. I may have to look into one over the next few months after bowtech releases their new bow line up this coming week at the ATA show that starts tomorrow.

I am not usually a guy that looks at the top end bows other then to see how they look. I am more of a mid range bow guy that likes to find the best performing bow for the money that suits my crappy form and shooting. I think 7+" brace height is a must for me.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
I am interested in possibly picking up the CK as well. I may have to look into one over the next few months after bowtech releases their new bow line up this coming week at the ATA show that starts tomorrow.

I am not usually a guy that looks at the top end bows other then to see how they look. I am more of a mid range bow guy that likes to find the best performing bow for the money that suits my crappy form and shooting. I think 7+" brace height is a must for me.
I think the new bows release tomorrow.

LC
Old 01-05-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I think the new bows release tomorrow.

LC
Ya I will be keeping an eye online all day tomorrow to see what new models they come out with and the specs on those bows. I am a fan of the shorter ATA bows with the 7+" brace height so the carbon knight fits the bill for me. I still have to shoot one but I am thinking it should shoot just fine.

I really like the looks of the 2014 pse bow madness xp but am a littler nervous about the 6.5" brace height on it.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:32 PM

I really like mine and will be hunting with it for at least another year. I prefered it over the Carbon Element.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Ya I will be keeping an eye online all day tomorrow to see what new models they come out with and the specs on those bows. I am a fan of the shorter ATA bows with the 7+" brace height so the carbon knight fits the bill for me. I still have to shoot one but I am thinking it should shoot just fine.
I'm excited to see what Bowtech has in store for this year as well. Tomorrow is the big day... I highly doubt I'll be shooting any of their flagships but it's always cool to see what they will come out with next. Hopefully this years unveiling wont be as cheesy as last years lol... I'm thinking I'll have a carbon knight in the near future as well.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:23 PM

Just picked one up and all I can say is wow. A rock solid back wall and a smooth valley. Haven't shot it yet though. It's awaiting a set-up. I can't wait!!!

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 01-05-2014, 08:00 PM

Cool

Im trying to decide between a Carbon Knight, Experience, and a Mathews ZXT
Old 01-05-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
Your welcome to meet up or come out to the shop in Fort Sask to shoot my CK.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:33 PM

I have to drive up to Calgary to shoot the CK but may have to make a trip in the next couple months with a pocket full of money and shoot some bows.

I will hit up Jimbows and see what catches my eye and feels the best to shoot within my budget. I am really hoping the CK is at the top of the list after shooting a bunch but am pretty open minded when it comes to trying new bows.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
I just bought a CK…haven't done much with it but so far so good.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:58 PM

I got a chance to shoot this bow yesterday for the first time. This bow is light, and I mean light. The draw cycle was extremely stout, ramping up its weight in the first 1/3rd of the draw. You can tell you are pulling 70lbs. It is also fast! Maybe it felt fast because I wasn’t expecting something so small and light to be that fast but boy did it get the arrow to the target lighting quick and with a nice thump at impact. I have no doubt with proper tuning that this bow could meet its IBO rating.

The “wall” is extremely solid and the 80 percent let off was nice to fall into; it seemed like I could hold for as long as I wanted and the bow didn’t feel like it was going to jump out of my hand. It points nice and held ok but it could be helped with a stabilizer.

For how light it was it seemed pretty quite but there was a noticeable buzz feeling and slight lower limb kick out after the shot. I also was not a fan of the grip, or general texture of the bow. It feels less refined than other top end offerings.

At $589 for a bare bow and $689 with the RAK package I don’t think you could go wrong with this bow at that price, a real bargain. Probably the best bang for the buck bow I have ever come across.

Is it for me? Maybe, I didn’t fall in love with it and I still prefer my MR7 both in draw and feel (but it is heavy considering what is out there, a full pound + heavery than the Carbon Knight). I will be shooting the Hoyt Carbon offerings in the next few weeks and I just saw today that bowtech came out with the Carbon Overdrive.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manosteel View Post
I got a chance to shoot this bow yesterday for the first time. This bow is light, and I mean light. The draw cycle was extremely stout, ramping up its weight in the first 1/3rd of the draw. You can tell you are pulling 70lbs. It is also fast! Maybe it felt fast because I wasn’t expecting something so small and light to be that fast but boy did it get the arrow to the target lighting quick and with a nice thump at impact. I have no doubt with proper tuning that this bow could meet its IBO rating.

The “wall” is extremely solid and the 80 percent let off was nice to fall into; it seemed like I could hold for as long as I wanted and the bow didn’t feel like it was going to jump out of my hand. It points nice and held ok but it could be helped with a stabilizer.

For how light it was it seemed pretty quite but there was a noticeable buzz feeling and slight lower limb kick out after the shot. I also was not a fan of the grip, or general texture of the bow. It feels less refined than other top end offerings.

At $589 for a bare bow and $689 with the RAK package I don’t think you could go wrong with this bow at that price, a real bargain. Probably the best bang for the buck bow I have ever come across.

Is it for me? Maybe, I didn’t fall in love with it and I still prefer my MR7 both in draw and feel (but it is heavy considering what is out there, a full pound + heavery than the Carbon Knight). I will be shooting the Hoyt Carbon offerings in the next few weeks and I just saw today that bowtech came out with the Carbon Overdrive.
He basically described the reasons why I bought the CK
Old 02-18-2014, 07:44 PM

I picked up a Carbon Knight yesterday because I've heard nothing but good about the bowtechs for a couple of years now. I have been shooting APA's for the past few years and am a big fan but I'm open to try this super light bow!
First thing I did was put on a Spot Hogg SDP sight and tried to put on a QAD rest but found that there wasn't enough adjustment to centre it with the string, I've also tried an Apache Mini rest and ran into the same problem.
Has anyone had these same issues or am I doing something bass akwards!??
Old 02-19-2014, 03:08 AM

I have the QAD HDX and had no issue.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:55 PM

You guys really have me curious on the ck. I want to get a new bow soon, it just sucks being left handed, maybe an out of town trip is in order. I'm not into tournament shooting as I would use it strictly for hunting.

Bobby
Old 02-23-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Rite View Post
You guys really have me curious on the ck. I want to get a new bow soon, it just sucks being left handed, maybe an out of town trip is in order. I'm not into tournament shooting as I would use it strictly for hunting.

Bobby
I know WSS North Edmonton had a couple of LH Carbon Knights, taken to Blake or Kevin.

Edit: I see you are from the South I would contact Jimbows in Calgary.

LC
Old 02-23-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I know WSS North Edmonton had a couple of LH Carbon Knights, taken to Blake or Kevin.

Edit: I see you are from the South I would contact Jimbows in Calgary.

LC
That would be real sweet. Calgary is only 3hrs away. Thanks for the heads up.

Bobby