Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-22-2007, 07:28 PM
7 REM MAG

Default Airline proof gun cases

Hey all im going to africa in very early june and need a full length aluminum or stainless steel gun case needs to be sturdy enough to handle the bull that the baggage loaders will put it through, put it needs to be reasonably priced. anyone have any suggestions
thanks 7
Old 04-22-2007, 07:47 PM
katts69

hey 7 rem, are you set on metal ? greg, from treebark cameras sells a great case, but it is a tough plastic and very heavy to boot. 61a has one and i still want to pick one up before this fall. shoot him a pm and he can hook you up. take care, rob
Old 04-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Pappy in AB

Full length alum or SS is not going to be cheap thats for sure. I've got a Kalispel Double bow case (they make gun case too). It can handle 2 bows plus a couple dozen arows plus all the tools and accessories for an adventure such as yours. I've it used to to carry one bow and one rifle as well.... Airline proof....I know what you mean lol. I don't have any regrets on the Kalispel. Link to a review and to the Kalispel website.

www.inberg.ca/product_rev...w_case.htm
Old 04-22-2007, 11:03 PM
7 REM MAG

considering that we have to be on like 5 different flights there and then 5 coming back i do believe that a metal case will be the best choice i am however open to considering alternatives
Old 04-22-2007, 11:06 PM
rugatika

Have you checked out pelican cases?

www.pelican.com
Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 PM
7 REM MAG

lookin at them but cant seem to find the prices, only the replacement foam prices.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:24 PM
rugatika

I think the full size pelican gun case is somewhere around 350 bucks. P and D sells them, as well as Wholesale.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Jamie Hunt

7 REM. I have a double plastic Gun case you can use. It has wheels. Very VERY heavy duty. Lockable in 4 places (perhaps 5). Just sitting here gathering dust waiting for its trip to Africa or Alaska.
Its a shame to buy one if this is going to be your only hunt. Spend the $$ on the hunt

Jamie