Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
Maybe read the threat title Again ?.
Maybe it is a free country and I can comment how I like?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by connexion123 View Post
Did you sneeze 3 times today or 4?

All you do is answer questions with questions.

You think you look smart doing it but you are not.

Then, when you have no more drivel to ask, you try to make fun of what you don't know.
People can explain a lot of things about the earth if your willing to listen. The actual age of the earth is 4.5 billion years old for example.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
Well, I can't see how there would be any verifiable proof that there isn't a God. This all seems too complex.. The universe, the earth, our existence, our thoughts.. none of it seems random to me. To me it screams creator.
So in other words nothing anyone can prove would be enough? No matter what repeatable, predicable observations can make you or others of the same "faith" or any faith for that matter would be enough?

See people of science have said, show us some proof. Show us observable, predicable results and we will change to it. That is how science works. That is how science evolves. Learn, question, explore. The complete opposite to religion. The book has all the answers, stop looking. Ok look but only for that which we can attempt to explain through some passage in the book. Or what we can twist the meaning because you know it is actually interpreted to mean this not that.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Banned

Quote:
Maybe it is a free country and I can comment how I like?
Now your just attacking me.

Are you being persecuted now ?.
Banned

Quote:
Are you god ?
No. Neither are judges or cops. So I guess do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:

Are you?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Where did god come from ? Did he have parents ?
If there were a time when nothing existed, then nothing would exist now.. You can't get something from nothing.. Something exists now, so something must have always existed.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
People can explain a lot of things about the earth if your willing to listen. The actual age of the earth is 4.5 billion years old for example.
Or 10k years. You could listen too.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
So in other words nothing anyone can prove would be enough? No matter what repeatable, predicable observations can make you or others of the same "faith" or any faith for that matter would be enough?

See people of science have said, show us some proof. Show us observable, predicable results and we will change to it. That is how science works. That is how science evolves. Learn, question, explore. The complete opposite to religion. The book has all the answers, stop looking. Ok look but only for that which we can attempt to explain through some passage in the book. Or what we can twist the meaning because you know it is actually interpreted to mean this not that.
I agree.

Show me proof and il believe it. One side has proof and can explain things like why volcanoes erupt and the other side wants me to Just take their word for it.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:

How was that attacking you by the way?

Don't be so sensitive
Old 03-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Or 10k years. You could listen too.
Show me a scientist that believes the world is 10,000 years old.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I agree.

Show me proof and il believe it. One side has proof and can explain things like why volcanoes erupt and the other side wants me to Just take their word for it.
Proof...right...

What good proof they have.

What a joke
Banned

Quote:
How was that attacking you by the way?

Don't be so sensitive
I was worried about your feelings actually.

Do you believe Jesus is a white male as he is portrayed ?

Quote:

Well, what do you have in mind? What could you show me in a lab that you figure should make me lose my faith in God?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Show me a scientist that believes the world is 10,000 years old.
Find them yourself. You have the internet.

No amount of reason would ever change your hateful mind.

It's all good. Do as you please. Appear smart.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Proof...right...

What good proof they have.

What a joke
Evolution is prove able and has happen in your lifetime. Of course your church explains it as gods will.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I agree.

The other side doesn't want you to take their word for it, they want you to experience it so you will know the truth!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
I was worried about your feelings actually.

Do you believe Jesus is a white male as he is portrayed ?
Nope. Olive skinned or darker Jewish man
Old 03-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Find them yourself. You have the internet.

No amount of reason would ever change your hateful mind.

It's all good. Do as you please. Appear smart.
I'm the one arguing from am position that doesn't require the suspension of belief. You claimed that the world is 10000 years old.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Evolution is prove able and has happen in your lifetime. Of course your church explains it as gods will.
Oh you've been to MY church. Didn't see you there today.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm the one arguing from am position that doesn't require the suspension of belief. You claimed that the world is 10000 years old.
Yes your opinion does. I have to have a lobotomy to believe what you do.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
You proved he existed tell me how you did that ? You have a time machine that none of the rest of us know about ?
I have studied history. I can read, and that includes books other than the Bible too. When the Qur'an speaks about Jesus, Roman documents speak about Jesus, and when countless other documents refer to Jesus from that period of time, then it is pretty simple to accept that he existed.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Well, what do you have in mind? What could you show me in a lab that you figure should make me lose my faith in God?
All the uproar about the Higgs-Boson particle or also know as the God Particle and yet we haven't collapsed yet.

How about artificially create life? Haven't done it but have created amino acids, building blocks of life have been.

How about life on another planet? Would that change your mind? We are looking. Found almost 2000 planets. Many of which are in the goldie locks zone.

On and on, just like science. Always looking outward, reaching, learning.

Science is moving forward, outward, religion is oppressing and regressive. Again, the book has all the answers.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh you've been to MY church. Didn't see you there today.
Maybe because you don't know what I look like

Still think the world is 10000 years old ?

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%).This age is based on evidence from radiometric age dating of meteorite material and is consistent with the ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples. Following the scientific revolution and the development of radiometric age dating, measurements of lead in uranium-rich minerals showed that some were in excess of a billion years old.

The oldest such minerals analyzed to date – small crystals of zircon from the Jack Hills of Western Australia – are at least 4.404 billion years old. Comparing the mass and luminosity of the Sun to those of other stars, it appears that the solar system cannot be much older than those rocks. Calcium-aluminium-rich inclusions – the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the solar system – are 4.567 billion years old,giving an age for the solar system and an upper limit for the age of Earth.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
All the uproar about the Higgs-Boson particle or also know as the God Particle and yet we haven't collapsed yet.

How about artificially create life? Haven't done it but have created amino acids, building blocks of life have been.

How about life on another planet? Would that change your mind? We are looking. Found almost 2000 planets. Many of which are in the goldie locks zone.

On and on, just like science. Always looking outward, reaching, learning.

Science is moving forward, outward, religion is oppressing and regressive. Again, the book has all the answers.
I agree that science is moving forward.. I don't know how much better off we are though.. medicine is amazing, but a lot of our problems are from abusing our bodies..

We are fat and lazy now! Our smarts are located on a server somewhere. Our food comes from a store.

Technology is great I admit.. PS4 looks amazing compared to my old intellivision..
Old 03-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I have studied history. I can read, and that includes books other than the Bible too. When the Qur'an speaks about Jesus, Roman documents speak about Jesus, and when countless other documents refer to Jesus from that period of time, then it is pretty simple to accept that he existed.
So if the earth is 10000 years old you believe people were murdering as raping and killing each other freely before Jesus came along ?. 8000 of indifference toward humans ?.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
I agree that science is moving forward.. I don't know how much better off we are though.. medicine is amazing, but a lot of our problems are from abusing our bodies..

We are fat and lazy now! Our smarts are located on a server somewhere. Our food comes from a store.

Technology is great I admit.. PS4 looks amazing compared to my old intellivision..
Too bad god didn't tell is disease came from germs could have saved billions of lives from then til the early 1900's.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Do you believe in Zues or Thor ? Neither do I. There is about as much evidence they exhisted that Jesus did.
Really? You want to use that as an argument? Pathetic.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Maybe because you don't know what I look like

Still think the world is 10000 years old ?

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years (4.54 × 109 years ± 1%).This age is based on evidence from radiometric age dating of meteorite material and is consistent with the ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples. Following the scientific revolution and the development of radiometric age dating, measurements of lead in uranium-rich minerals showed that some were in excess of a billion years old.

The oldest such minerals analyzed to date – small crystals of zircon from the Jack Hills of Western Australia – are at least 4.404 billion years old. Comparing the mass and luminosity of the Sun to those of other stars, it appears that the solar system cannot be much older than those rocks. Calcium-aluminium-rich inclusions – the oldest known solid constituents within meteorites that are formed within the solar system – are 4.567 billion years old,giving an age for the solar system and an upper limit for the age of Earth.
And what makes that the accurate way of dating?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Too bad god didn't tell is disease came from germs could have saved billions of lives from then til the early 1900's.
Actually that is why He commanded certain things unclean and required running water to wash etc.
Closed Thread