Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Banned

Default lac st anne march 23

i know a lot of anglers on the forum have packed it in for this hard water season, but darn it's hard to beat spring fishing. hit a new spot on Anne this evening and it was great. ice a good 26" thick. water pretty clear. almost no wind, bright and sunny, but still a little chilly. first line in at 6 and by 8:30 had iced 13 jack and 4 wallies.only 1 wallie was in the b class that i had tags for and 1 was a big fat 22 incher that will fight another day. can't wait till it gets in the plus teens weather wise.
the nice pike in pic. had already broken off a line before i caught her again 20 min. later. got my favourite jig back. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nm1.jpg (28.5 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg nm2.jpg (39.6 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg nm3.jpg (38.5 KB, 169 views)
Old 03-24-2014, 09:29 AM

Congrats! put in the work and you usually get rewarded fairly. I was out as well all day yesterday at gull and man the weather was perfect like you said. Can't wait for next weekend:-)
Old 03-24-2014, 09:37 AM

Nice job. you are right about a lot of guys packing it in. Counting ours there was a total of 5 tents on Wab yesterday. Old Timer and myself will be heading out this week to Lac.StAnn to try and fill our last walleye tags and soak up some sun shine. Thanks for sharing
Red Neck Out
Old 03-24-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Neck View Post
Nice job. you are right about a lot of guys packing it in. Counting ours there was a total of 5 tents on Wab yesterday. Old Timer and myself will be heading out this week to Lac.StAnn to try and fill our last walleye tags and soak up some sun shine. Thanks for sharing
Red Neck Out
You should have no trouble, my buddy was out there yesterday and filled his last one in the first 10 mins.