Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-05-2014, 10:57 AM

Default Finally got fishing

After touring the island for the last week in beautiful weather, we got back to Campbell River in the wind and the rain. The wind slowed down Friday morning so we went out at about 12 noon and on our first troll down the hump, we landed one and lost one. Second trip down the hump, landed 2, lost one, then the wind came up and the fishing wasn't good. Back on the dock by 3:30 p.m. One keeper, but well worth it, lovely day to enjoy and good fishing too boot. Sitting in the motel room waiting for the wind to die down again. On the way in yesterday, somebody needed help by the lighthouse - the Quadra ferry went to the rescue. So far, I've enjoyed a nice walk along the Sea Walk every day - there's no snow and I haven't slid on the ice yet.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Banned

Not sure if the Argonaut wharf is still there - or accessible - but if it is, go mooch the bottom with a 4 inch zinger.

The first salmon I ever caught was from the wharf when I was 12,, fresh from the prairies with my 7 foot Mitchell rod & reel, 8lb test, a leader and chucking a red and white Len Thompson. An old timer told me I was doing it all wrong when all of a sudden WHAM! 15lb Chinook hit the lure at the surface and the fight was on. Me and the old timer became buds and I became a bit of a fixture on the wharf landing 6 for the week. If I dig up the picture of the 1st I'll scan and post it.