Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
I take my right to privacy in wild places seriously....as should we all. Be smart about the places you put your camera and you will never have to "return the favor".
ummm, dude, relax. anyone can snap a pic of you in public or in the woods. you want privacy then stay home
Old 04-04-2014, 05:24 PM

Default Thieves

I like this thread.Anytime your stuff gets jacked post it on here and give some details. Maybe someone might hear something about it through the grapevine.Some thieves like to boast about the heist. Lets look out for one another out there!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
I like this thread.Anytime your stuff gets jacked post it on here and give some details. Maybe someone might hear something about it through the grapevine.Some thieves like to boast about the heist. Lets look out for one another out there!
I like it too.Some folks showing thier true colors.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseelk View Post
I like it too.Some folks showing thier true colors.
They sure do, we have backup cameras watching our cameras that people never see and have caught them
Old 04-05-2014, 12:42 PM

I'm not about to steal a camera, delete a sd card or mess with it in any way, and I support remote cameras as a non-invasive means of research in wildlife management that benefits everybody.
I just don't like having my (easily identifiable as me) photo taken, by an individual, without being asked permission. Whether 'remotely' or with a photographer standing behind the camera. I would never do it to someone else - even in vacation snapshots. you always ask "Mind if I take your photo?' when you see an interesting face. To just point a camera in someones face and 'click'- is just plain rude.
Maybe it's just me.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I'm not about to steal a camera, delete a sd card or mess with it in any way, and I support remote cameras as a non-invasive means of research in wildlife management that benefits everybody.
I just don't like having my (easily identifiable as me) photo taken, by an individual, without being asked permission. Whether 'remotely' or with a photographer standing behind the camera. I would never do it to someone else - even in vacation snapshots. you always ask "Mind if I take your photo?' when you see an interesting face. To just point a camera in someones face and 'click'- is just plain rude.
Maybe it's just me.
You must realize ,noone puts a trailcam in the bush on public land to take pics of people.That is the last pic you want on your sd card.You want pics of 4 legged animals.I'm sure any pics of people would be deleted by the camera owner.What good are they to them?
Old 04-05-2014, 04:23 PM

never know they might be into old overwieght,camoed up guys.lol
Old 04-05-2014, 05:04 PM

Default outdoor thieves

heard of a whole camp 4 sheep herders 3 trucks ,3 horse trailers the works stolen when a group i am sure from Westrose were hunting on horse out on the Ram in 60's , that would suck coming back to camp that night. Bring an old guy or gal to mind camp better for them then sitting at home.... just don't get too primitive ... we bring an Oma and her big dog works great.