Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-03-2014, 10:04 PM

Default Worlds Best Strings

Well took the day off and ripped out to have Lawrence put my new Worlds Best Strings on my Shift and Impact....all looks good and can't wait to see how they measure up to the Prime strings. The WBS yokes on the Shift is a little thick, but allan (WBS) is confident that it's all good and won't cause any cam issues...pretty stoked!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:49 AM

Allan is Worlds best IMHO hands down...tried them all and he knows his stuff, uses special blend servings that never seperate and uses techniques that other string manufacturers wont even try... like pre stretched and servered @ 1200 lbs most is at 300-500 lb at best...

He uses a smaller Dia string and serving on the yokes for the G5 ...no issues yet...

NOTE* On any of the G5 using the flexible titanium cable guard with ceramic insert..I would suggest having the cables served where they contact the ceramic's ...we have had a few chew up the cables on the guard with factory G strings...

Neil
Old 06-04-2014, 12:51 PM

agreed Neil,
the strings for the Impact are smaller diameter on the yokes and had him serve through the glides, because of some wear...looks awesome! I had ordered the strings for the Shift some time ago, but never thought to serve the glides and for some reason the yokes are the same diameter as the strings/cables and noticeably larger than the OEM's, but I mentioned to Allan and he said it was all good...sent closeup pics as well (just for future reference/consideration and didn't get response, so I think we're still 'all good' ..maybe just a little tired of my enquiries/questions..lol Looking forward to trying them out :-)
Old 06-04-2014, 02:06 PM

Default Worlds Best Strings

WBS does the prime yokes WRONG! Hopefully he's changed since the set I saw. Factory they are built 12 strands the set I saw did them a full 24. They didnt properly seat in the cams, wear on the servings was bad and not how G5 designed the bow and straight up dangerous.

Last edited by HoytAlpha35; 06-04-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytAlpha35 View Post
WBS does the prime yokes WRONG! Hopefully he's changed since the set I saw. Factory they are built 12 strands the set I saw did them a full 24. They didnt properly seat in the cams, wear on the servings was bad and not how G5 designed the bow.
Yup...He changed it up...hard to do sometimes as bow manufactures dont revile # of strands and unless you have the bow and original string on hand ...you simply go by standard...was the same with Mathews Monsters

Neil
Old 06-04-2014, 04:49 PM

Update...right again Neil, because I ordered/received the strings for the Shift some time ago the yokes were slightly larger in diameter, but since then with feedback Allan has since reduced the strand count on the Prime yokes....so even though the did fit and would probably function fine (potentially with the suggested serving wear, etc.) I just spoke to him and a smaller diameter set will be mailed out to avoid any potential issues!! I felt bad, but Allan appreciated the feedback/photos for reference....