Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Sorry Git,danged auto correct anyway!!
Cat
Wow, my name comes up in auto-correct, I must be famous. Cool, as long as it ain't followed by "the terrible".
Old 10-15-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lr1000 View Post
He was patrolling on foot. I don't believe it's a sheep issue. All summer and first weeks of the season there was a crazy amount of bears in that area. However there are areas around there that have just as many bears and still open.
Yessir, wife & I 30 yards from a sow & cub Fitzsimmons last Sept. Pouring rain so she couldn't figure us. We were above her when they came up the trail towards us. We were horseback, she was so close we could see her nose twitching trying to smell us. Horses were antsy & we just eased outta there. Interesting last 3-4 years spring & fall have not seen hardly any black bear. Griz have cleaned them out.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:08 PM

So just an update, talked to another CO today, he claims they are treating that area as a "closed season" area as well which means if you get caught in there not only will you get charged entering a closed area but even if you have a license to LEGALY kill an animal in 404 you will have your animal & firearm seized plus charged with poaching!

I informed him that should be brought to the hunting community's attention.

And sounds very much like not going to reopen tell after season.

I said to him feels like there using excuse after excuse to keep us hunters out of this area and other areas in the past.

His answer was "that may very well be the way it's heading"

Us hunters have a bigger and bigger fight on are hands all the time to try and keep are rights!!