Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-28-2014, 09:35 PM

Default Ziess warranty?

I have a rifle scope that has flecks of paint in it. Can I just take it in somewhere and exchange it or do I have to ship it with original receipt?
Old 12-28-2014, 09:44 PM

What colour of paint?
Old 12-28-2014, 09:54 PM

It has flecks of black paint inside it on the crosshairs
Old 12-28-2014, 09:58 PM

Sorry. I misunderstood. I would attempt a return wherever you bought it first, but likely you wil need to ship it. Good luck
Old 12-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Banned

Is it a terra by chance? The reason I ask is because I heard of the very same thing happening on a terra.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:47 PM

I have a Conquest with an internal fleck in the glass. I sent it off to the warranty depot in Ontario about 6 weeks ago. After not hearing anything from Zeiss, I emailed them last week and they advised that my scope was sent stateside for repairs. They expect it will be back in my hands by mid February Can't beat Leupold for speedy service I guess.

I can dig up the address if you require it. I did not send in any form of proof of purchase nor was same requested.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
I have a Conquest with an internal fleck in the glass. I sent it off to the warranty depot in Ontario about 6 weeks ago. After not hearing anything from Zeiss, I emailed them last week and they advised that my scope was sent stateside for repairs. They expect it will be back in my hands by mid February Can't beat Leupold for speedy service I guess.

I can dig up the address if you require it. I did not send in any form of proof of purchase nor was same requested.
I had one zeiss Scope that needed repair....took a long time to get it back....however they got her fixed and cleaned it up really nice....My 300 Wby shattered the reticle on it at the range....no problems since.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:05 AM

This is a funny thread. A problem like this with Zeiss, sworo, or Leupold and it gets shrugged off no problem, and they " cleaned it up real nice" like that counts for something. But if something like this happened with vortex? An absolute FLAMING would ensue... Just an observation.

I'm coming to the realization that the sportsman's market is one of the most unreasonable and unpleasable demographics out there.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvnbrg View Post
This is a funny thread. A problem like this with Zeiss, sworo, or Leupold and it gets shrugged off no problem, and they " cleaned it up real nice" like that counts for something. But if something like this happened with vortex? An absolute FLAMING would ensue... Just an observation.

I'm coming to the realization that the sportsman's market is one of the most unreasonable and unpleasable demographics out there.
Got to agree with you. Few years ago I endured a rodeo with a Swarovski warranty issue. Arrogant a-holes. Issue was resolved, scope repaired, returned in record time four and one half years later. Never going to own another. Leupold gives better service.