Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-19-2015, 10:36 AM

Default Lake at Teen Time Ranch

Has anyone fished the lake by teen time ranch north of Dapp? Is it worth going to? I've heard lots of small ones which is fine, just want to go and catch a few.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:17 PM

Armstrong lake just 5 min east around the curves used to have 10# plus pike (weedbed to left of boat launch )
but I haven't fished it in years.Not much in that Teen Time lake.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:26 AM

I think your talking about long island lake. I was there for the first time just after new years. I found access to be difficult, a lot of snow made exploring the lake difficult. Caught small perch, all under 6".
Old 01-21-2015, 05:57 AM

The lake at Teen Time is called Spruce Island and is basically just a big slough. It does have minnows. Bulloque at the dead end has some small pike. Long and Narrow a few miles over would be a better option

Aim Small Miss Small
Old 01-21-2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegrant View Post
Armstrong lake just 5 min east around the curves used to have 10# plus pike (weedbed to left of boat launch )
but I haven't fished it in years.Not much in that Teen Time lake.
Used to be loaded with jumbo perch up until the late 90's but unfortunately winterkills quite often now. Not even sure if it holds fish at all anymore.

Aim Small Miss Small
Old 01-21-2015, 09:09 PM

Grew up a mile from Armstrong, used to be able to catch some nice perch and some good ten pounder plus pike out of there. But it winterkilled for three years in a row that I know of. Saw lots of dead perch on the shore in the spring. The water levels dropped severely, not even sure if it's twenty feet deep any more. Haven't tried it in years and wouldn't recommend it for anything but a disappointment.
As for the lake at teen time, I always called it elbow, or teen time lake, never saw anything huge come out of it, maybe a eight inch perch at best. Would go in the summer with slugs and catch a slew of little perch just for fun, but never ice fished it. I've also seen guys pull the odd pike out of teen time as well. I'd say give it a shot for the day, see what comes up, you never know you may get lucky. Hope this helps.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:12 PM

I will agree with gube on the narrow and long comment I've had much better Luck on those two lakes.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:07 PM

Or just head to Baptiste always quality fishing there.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:06 PM

Smile

We call the lake by the ranch "Elbow lake" and we've had some great fishing in there. Got our limit of pike near every time out and also got perch up to 12"s. it's slow in the winter but sweet fishing in the spring. There's also a good little lake in the pasture just north of it. We fishing it 2-3 weeks ago and got 3 guys limits of pike. Good luck
Old 01-22-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperchris View Post
We call the lake by the ranch "Elbow lake" and we've had some great fishing in there. Got our limit of pike near every time out and also got perch up to 12"s. it's slow in the winter but sweet fishing in the spring. There's also a good little lake in the pasture just north of it. We fishing it 2-3 weeks ago and got 3 guys limits of pike. Good luck
I suspect you might be thinking Long Island lake, the one by Summer village of Larkspur?? We tried the one at the camp before and it was a bust. I'm thinking it winterkills due to low water levels.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:07 PM

Default Long Island

Long Island does not winterkill...it has tons of 20"-24" pike...1 of 20 pike may be keeper size if you are interested in eating pike...have seen some ok perch in there(10" or so)but have not caught one in there for about 4 years...they never seem interested..., I take the kids as there is lots of action on the tip ups for small pike...
Old 01-22-2015, 02:49 PM

Yes your right had my wires crossed there. It was Long Island lake we were at. Thanks for the correction. I've also heard that the lake by the ranch is a waist of time.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:11 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone!