Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Banned

Default Wages of Rebellion

Wages of Rebellion
Anyone hear this before 9:30 AM on CBC radio

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/The+C...ID/2667103670/

I am wondering if those who voted NDP can buy Hedges gospel or defend it in any way.
Gorbechev was bad because he let the communist system slip away.

We might have a rebellion of the poor. We do have a rebellion of the blacks and it is the wealthy white mans fault.

We have to come up with private not Govt. answers to taking care of the poor or the problem is going to get worse.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpac View Post
Wages of Rebellion
Anyone hear this before 9:30 AM on CBC radio

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/The+C...ID/2667103670/

I am wondering if those who voted NDP can buy Hedges gospel or defend it in any way.
Gorbechev was bad because he let the communist system slip away.

We might have a rebellion of the poor. We do have a rebellion of the blacks and it is the wealthy white mans fault.

We have to come up with private not Govt. answers to taking care of the poor or the problem is going to get worse.
I see too many people come to this country with nothing and create an excellent life for themselves to believe the myth that the "poor" are helpless. My neighbour came here from Jamaica 10 years ago, and has done very well. My friends wife came here from Trinidad 20 years ago, and soon became an accountant. Starting from nothing.

It is very hard to tell someone that they need to look after themselves once they have spent a lifetime listening to people tell them that their lot in life is not their fault.

IF we truly want to help the poor, we as a civilization need to quit making excuses for them and telling them over and over again that their plight is the result of evil corporations, greedy politicians, etc etc. I doubt that will ever happen though. It's not politically correct. Not many people would treat their kids the way liberals treat the poor.

History will show that the greatest injustice ever perpetrated against the poor was treating them like incompetent victims.

Last edited by rugatika; 05-13-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Banned

Here is the lesson, if you put a Bird Feeder and fill it with Bird Feed, you will attract birds,

When the bird feeder is empty and taken down, you will have no birds,

Put the Bird Feeeder back up and fill it with Bird Feed, you will have birds once again,,,,

The Birds obviously survived without your donated bird feed,

Understand the lesson ???
Old 05-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Banned

IMO The main reason the poor are poor is that they want to be poor.
There is no reason to stay poor. Everybody gets opportunities in life, one has got to grab them and get on it.
I came to this country 35 years ago with my Wife and 3 kids and with not much more than the clothes on our back and only 25 grand in the pocket but i was full of pizz and vinegar.

It has not been easy by a long shot but today i own an 11 quarter ranch and 300 bison lock stock and barrel (all of it paid for), Hard work and a bit of luck got me there without a single $ from Government hand outs.

. They got to quit giving to these lazy bums, let them work for it!
Old 05-13-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison View Post
IMO The main reason the poor are poor is that they want to be poor.
I came to this country 35 years ago with my Wife and 3 kids and with not much more than the clothes on our back and only 25 grand in the pocket but i was full of pizz and vinegar.
you came here 35 years ago with not much more than the clothes on your back
and 25 GRAND

many people come here as refugees, with really nothing more than the clothes on their backs, they have no education and the education they do have is not accepted, they become the working poor, and no they don't want to be poor

Old 05-13-2015, 12:22 PM

And for some people if they didn't have bad luck, they wouldn't have any. Kinda that whole painting everyone with the same brush thing.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
you came here 35 years ago with not much more than the clothes on your back
and 25 GRAND

many people come here as refugees, with really nothing more than the clothes on their backs, they have no education and the education they do have is not accepted, they become the working poor, and no they don't want to be poor

I landed in Ontario, by the time i had bought some beds and furniture and a old car 1/2 the money was gone.
The first job i got was by a stingy Canadian dairy farmer,..i could not make ends meet with what i made there and had to dig into what was left of the money i had.
I quit there 3 months later and never got the last month pay.
The next guy was not much better,.. he still owes me money as well when i left 4 months later for greener pastures and better pay in Alberta, The trip across Canada with a rented U-haul truck took care of the rest of my meager capital cause i was flat broke when i arrived in picture butte.

Well i may not be a refugee in that regard but at that time without having some money i would not even have been able to immigrate to Canada .period
Education received outside Canada was at that time was also not recognized here, not that it mattered cause the education i had was less then high school here so in that regard i wasn't any better equipped than these poor refugees you talk about
If you have not walked in my shoes you have no idea what it took to get used to a strange new country and overcome the obstacles i faced on the way.

Refugees today get housing and the whole bit supplied + living expenses free for as long as the feel like and a "certain" group of them have the nerve to demand that Canada changes the law to accommodate them to boot!
Canada is better of without them.

I had to pull up my own pants every step of the way and you know what?,..i am proud of it.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:12 PM

85% of the people using the shelters in Edmonton suffer from a mental health disorder. How do propose that they pull up there socks and get to work? Are you willing to hire someone suffering from uncontrolled schizophrenia?
Old 05-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger257 View Post
85% of the people using the shelters in Edmonton suffer from a mental health disorder. How do propose that they pull up there socks and get to work? Are you willing to hire someone suffering from uncontrolled schizophrenia?
I just so happen to know tax paying schizophrenic people. Imagine that. Schizophrenic people with a job.

And yes there are schizophrenic people with no job.

I think some of them should be in Hotel Silly. Or living with you instead of me having to pay for their constant medical and police fees.

I make no apologies for what I write. I believe we should all give our fellow citizens a hand up. Not a government cheque.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
I just so happen to know tax paying schizophrenic people. Imagine that. Schizophrenic people with a job.

And yes there are schizophrenic people with no job.

I think some of them should be in Hotel Silly. Or living with you instead of me having to pay for their constant medical and police fees.
And you think hotel silly is cheaper to the taxpayer then supporting people in poverty?
Old 05-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
And you think hotel silly is cheaper to the taxpayer then supporting people in poverty?
Look above you. A hand up.

Poverty is not solved with a welfare cheque.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:39 PM

I came to Canada 22 years ago with a wife who couldn't speak a word of English, 3 months old daughter, a dog, 4 suitcases and 3,000. I bought a crappy car and started to deliver pizza, KFC and whatever else I could. I bough a better car a year later. One day I delivered pizza to the apartment building where we lived, to a family of 4 who I always saw sitting on a balcony drinking beer all day long. The guy looked at me and said the following: oh man now I understand how you can afford to buy a nice car! I asked him why doesn't he go to work and he said that his welfare check is around 2,000 a month and if he gets a job - he will probably will make about the same.... So he would rather sit home and do nothing. He is most likely still doing that....
It's one thing to help and support people with physical or mental disabilities and totally different thing to support the useless lazy idiots like him.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:50 PM

I agree in that there is the other 15% but how do sort out who needs help and who needs to get off there but with 100% accuracy?
Old 05-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Banned

KGB:

Thank you for choosing Alberta to be your choice of residence.

You are indeed a true Albertan.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:28 PM

Immigrated to Alberta in '75 from B.C.
I was penniless, just the clothes on my back. Ok I was 5
If it wouldn't have been for my mom and dad I might have grown up different.
Paper route at 9 ( Calgary Sun)
Picked up the Herald for a year( before it went to am delivery)1986
Got parental permission to work fast food restaurant at 12
30 years later and all I can say is man it's good to be an Albertan.
You know King (in waiting)Ralph served me pancakes at the Chinook mall!
Met the man at least half a dozen times.
Last time I ever saw him, he was golfing up in High Level (95-97 ish)
Sad that we've succumbed to the orange men.
I believe the blue will once again rule.
Four years to screw them all
Four years to blind them
Four years to rape the best
And in the end we'll grind them
Guy Fawkes and his companions
Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the king and parliament
All up alive!
Eat, Drink, and be merry for tomorrow we shall surely die
Certified tinfoil hat wearing redneck.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Banned

By the way, it's great to hear all the stories of people that have immigrated to Canada and worked their way to success. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
KGB:

Thank you for choosing Alberta to be your choice of residence.

You are indeed a true Albertan.
Thank you! Yes I am, i made an excellent choice back then and I have no regrets!
And I am ready to protect it....
Old 05-13-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
What about the thousands who receive welfare and don't use a shelter? I have no issue helping people who need help. I do have an issue with the tree planter who makes $10k/month for four months, gets fired, goes on welfare and spends the next eight months in Lake Louise recieving the highest possible amount of welfare due to his high salary, the guy who is capable of work, but doesn't want to, the able bodied man that demands a handout as his English is poor, etc. etc.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
What about the thousands who receive welfare and don't use a shelter? I have no issue helping people who need help. I do have an issue with the tree planter who makes $10k/month for four months, gets fired, goes on welfare and spends the next eight months in Lake Louise recieving the highest possible amount of welfare due to his high salary, the guy who is capable of work, but doesn't want to, the able bodied man that demands a handout as his English is poor, etc. etc.
Sorry trochu I think you're mixing EI( EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE) with welfare.
I pay for EI off every paycheque as insurance against being unemployed.
At 60% of my pay, I can assure you, I would feel hardship.
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!
Old 05-13-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
This is a totally different issue, you are dealing with an unemployment insurance here, not welfare. The welfare payments are the set amounts and do not depend on your previous income level. But I do have to agree with you on this one - people that plant the trees or are doing any other seasonal work should be able to work during their off season.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I came to Canada 22 years ago with a wife who couldn't speak a word of English, 3 months old daughter, a dog, 4 suitcases and 3,000. I bought a crappy car and started to deliver pizza, KFC and whatever else I could. I bough a better car a year later. One day I delivered pizza to the apartment building where we lived, to a family of 4 who I always saw sitting on a balcony drinking beer all day long. The guy looked at me and said the following: oh man now I understand how you can afford to buy a nice car! I asked him why doesn't he go to work and he said that his welfare check is around 2,000 a month and if he gets a job - he will probably will make about the same.... So he would rather sit home and do nothing. He is most likely still doing that....
It's one thing to help and support people with physical or mental disabilities and totally different thing to support the useless lazy idiots like him.
We are taxed to pay the welfare bum to sit and drink beer we also have to pay the twit govt. official that designed the welfare system that pays the bum. Plus we pay for administrators of the money and so on and so on to get the welfare check delivered to the welfare bum.
Talented wealthy people are obligated to share with the poor but they should not have to support a govt. delivery system that maybe takes more to deliver than the poor man gets.
I am sure there are ways to deliver welfare privately and locally without the govt. middle man.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Banned

Default KGB the immigrant the NDP hates.

So we have a fellow AO member who comes to Alberta and makes something of himself. And as a fellow Albertan I am very proud of him and his family.

Working for a living is not a sin for many of us AO members. Having a family is also not a sin for us AO members.

KGB proves that fact.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Nova *!% View Post
Sorry trochu I think you're mixing EI( EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE) with welfare.
I pay for EI off every paycheque as insurance against being unemployed.
At 60% of my pay, I can assure you, I would feel hardship.
Ahh, so I am. I get frustrated with both systems.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Soylent Green.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Banned

Default mentor money and wisdom

Every one that qualifies for welfare needs a mentor with money, wisdom and empathy.

Most tax payers have deducted some of their tax payable for a dependant.
It would be so simple for CRA to allow a tax payer to claim a poor person as a dependant or many dependants according to the income of the tax payer.

This way a poor disadvantaged person knows someone to turn to help make their life better. Also be accountable to the mentor for their behavior.

This is a suggestion for how welfare could be delivered privately and locally at low cost.

Last edited by chimpac; 05-14-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Ahh, so I am. I get frustrated with both systems.
With any luck I'll never "withdraw " ever again.
EI is very helpful and rewarding for the tradesmen going in for upgrading. For two months a year you take, until there is no more training, then you just pay in. And in reality you should never be unemployed once you have your profession.
Did the scheme contrive,
All up alive!