Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2015, 04:58 PM

Default Wild TV not Picking Up Uncharted Season 2 with Jim Shockey

So found out last week that Wild TV decided not to pick up the second Season of what I find to be one of the best cinematography in the hunting industry today that actually shows the culture and lands he hunts. Also Jim is a Canadian you'd think that they'd be a little more interested in keeping some Canadian shows on Wild TV that push out the, what I find extremely boring classic American whitetail hunting re-runs I've been seeing for the past 5 years.
All said and done I have no idea what Mr. Shockey and his representatives were asking for season 2 rights but im extremely disapointed that I'm gonna have to do some searching for these episodes.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:18 PM

Either Shockey wants too much money or the network figures the show is too boring to capture the attention span of the folks that watch the network. Perhaps there is not enough coverage of deer feeders, hooting, hollering, backslapping, bad judgement shots, infomercial hawking of doodads and trinkets, bad cinematography, lack of heavy metal background music blaring away and a whole lot of other things that keep the average bubba tuned in.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:12 PM

As I've mentioned before, WildTV doesn't buy rights to a show, rather, they sell time slots. This is why every show has sponsors. The sponsors pay for the programming.

My uneducated guess is that Wild is faltering. I noticed that the commercial breaks, as sold by the network, aren't as full of 'premium' advertisers as they once were, and had more WildTV promos and local business ads, and less large corporate ads than usual.

Tags
canada, canadian, hunting, jim shockey, wild tv