Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-02-2015, 11:29 AM

Default 2007 Chev Avalanche LTZ 4x4

So the wife has told me she needs something bigger than her Ford fusion. To my surprise she chose a "truck" instead of a mini van. So just wondering if anyone has or still owns one and anything to pay attention to for maintenance issues. The truck is the top option class with 127k km with a tow package and comes with a set of year old studed cooper winters. The guy that is selling it is a private lender and he is doing a repo on it and will be getting a full inspection. After everything checks out he said it will be around $12500 which doesn't seem bad. Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:39 AM

Great truck for sure. Buddy just sold his 03 and it had over 300k only problem he had was the heated seat quit working.

Do not know why the snow tires as they are 4x4 Check the dude out real good before parting with your money. But the Avalance is a nice truck especially the LTZ
Old 08-02-2015, 12:18 PM

The guy who we are dealing with is great he financed her a Pontiac G5 and after about 6 months there was a bunch of electrical gremlins so he took it back and credited her with double of what she made payments towards her current car. I don't trust people very easy but this guy has gained a bit from me. And the snow tires are just a bit of bonus, once they wear out I will be putting some aggressive off road tires for the trips into the bush.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:11 PM

Co worker has this exact year only issue he has had has been the front diff and harness issue for the trailer brake. Even with the troubles he says he would buy another one.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:14 PM

Check,

Air shocks/compressor
Rear camera

The 07 5.3 are known as an oil burner, it's still a great engine and truck.

And your wife knows she's going to spend x3 on gas, right.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Farmer View Post
Check,

Air shocks/compressor
Rear camera

The 07 5.3 are known as an oil burner, it's still a great engine and truck.

And your wife knows she's going to spend x3 on gas, right.
Yes I read about the oil burn issue but I have owned enough Chevy and Gm trucks to know that's just what they do lol. I told her about the fuel cost. I have an 06 chev Silverado regular cab that is completely useless because we now have two kids but I'm not willing to give up my standard transmission. She will be using the car for her work unless the snow gets too bad.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:25 PM

Take the winter tires off and save them for winter unless they are shot already.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:36 PM

The winters are on separate rims and were part of the package so they will be part of the repo. He said the truck has Costco all seasons on it right now. He will be doing the repo next week so I haven't got a chance to check the truck out yet.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:23 PM

Oh Oh, my wife decided she wanted a truck instead of a min van. we were separated a year later. Sorry not helpful post just made me shiver when I read this. lol
Old 08-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Gone Hunting

My wife has driven top end Ford Explorers for 15 years, when she dumped her GM piece of manure. Far less problems all round. Between all of them, she has probably put on 500K, most of which were when her mother was suffering from AHS in Sask. Fuel consumption averaged anywhere from 19 to 23 MPG. She will never go back to GM, and needless to say she would be in that particular piece of GM manure on her way down the road!!!!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:43 PM

I have an 04, 1500 z71 4x4 with 427k on it atm. vortex 5.3

New alternator at 320k, water pump at 360ish, minor front end stuff, wheel bearing and ball joint. Been toying with the idea of new shocks. and don't top up the tank when filling up, messes with the evap valve (motor light and tighten fuel cap message).

it's not horrible on fuel if you don't speed, 11-13l per 100km Hwy, 16/100 city never towed anything so cannot speak to that.

it is kind of a sail in cross winds, definitely like having winter tires on in the winter because of that.

I love it though. Wish I didn't have to pay escalade price for a new one, but i plan on driving this unit until it falls apart.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 08-02-2015, 10:57 PM

The previous owner of my Silverado put a locking gas cap on and now my evap sensor is always faulting, not willing to drop the tank to replace a $7 sensor. Thanks for the input from everyone guys.