Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Hal ... Checked all the posts in the thread and note that you have not offered an answer to the question posed in the OP. Does this mean you are refusing to answer?
Now, back to the politics. Just an observation, but I notice of late there seems to be great consternation among right leaning Conservatives (both Provincial and Federal), regarding the shift in the political landscape towards just a little left of centre. It appears that when they look in the mirror, they see themselves as right of center, while ignoring the left of center programs (both fiscal and social) from which they benefit. Indeed, they have been complicit in shaping the political landscape ... period! The reality is that the Cons, Lbs, and ND's are all staking out the middle ground, which has the potential to make "leadership" an important issue in this election.
So, from a leadership perspective ... as it stands today, I'm going with Tom. My impression of Harper is that he is obsessed with control and has some tendency to be vindictive. Trudeau, has bumbled a few times too often.
A conversation among some women I overheard the other day was ... well, interesting. The topic centered around which of the three personality types, they would prefer their granddaughters to marry. They all rejected the "controller". They thought steady was OK, but not with a beard. Well folks, they thought a young guy with wavy hair was just fine...everybody makes mistakes.
Mulclair is an idiot and would be a total disaster, Trudeau would be an embarrassment. I will keep my other comments on related threads as per the OP's request
Old 08-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Banned

I haven't read through everyone's posts, but I agree that both spell doom for our economy.
"Better the devil you know than the one (or in this case, the two) you don't!"
Old 08-03-2015, 09:18 AM

Both
But ndp by far
Justin is just a puppet, he will get controlled by others. We know how ugly it will get
with ndp.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:22 AM

Both!!!
Old 08-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
You can start here with the latest bubba:

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2...on-held-today/

Or the latest:
http://poll.forumresearch.com/

Don't let the smoke from your burning arse get in your eyes. Don't let these things get you so angry - we've already got an old Angry Tom.
OMG! Polls.

sorry I don't touch those with a ten foot pole.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
OMG! Polls.

sorry I don't touch those with a ten foot pole.
Those outfits that run the polls remind me of the story about the CEO that was hiring a new accountant, during the interview he asked him " what's 2+2 ?", the accountant got up, dimmed the lights and closed the window shades and said "what do you want it to be?"..... he got the job
Old 08-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Gone Hunting

Dimming the lights and drawing the shades would have no effect on me. One of my super powers is the ability to hear in the dark.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Dimming the lights and drawing the shades would have no effect on me. One of my super powers is the ability to hear in the dark.
I KNEW IT!!!!!!, hope they never take that phone booth out of Bodo......
Old 08-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
I KNEW IT!!!!!!, hope they never take that phone booth out of Bodo......
Me too! Folks get tense when I try to change into my "work " clothes at the supermarket.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Me too! Folks get tense when I try to change into my "work " clothes at the supermarket.
try changing at Wal Mart....you could get your picture on facebook!!
Old 08-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Gone Hunting

I'm afraid that would look like the great land rush of the last century, with all those hotties playing grabass.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I'm afraid that would look like the great land rush of the last century, with all those hotties playing grabass.
true... not sure how you put up with it day in and day out......
Old 08-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Gone Hunting

BTW what has Thomas the train done as opposition leader for 4 years?

Old 08-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
BTW what has Thomas the train done as opposition leader for 4 years?
After Jack Layton died and the interim leader ran the course until the leadership race when Angry Tom got the leadership he has done nothing other than being angry.His NDP party did a good job of stealing 2.1 million dollars via parliamentary business and siphoned it off into constituency offices for partisan purposes.....but that was proven in a "kangaroo court"

FTH
Old 08-04-2015, 08:40 AM

If one had to choose between two horrible options..... yikes. I think I'd take the Liberals, simply because we have lived under them and it wasn't horrible. I still enjoyed life under Chretien and Martin, had a job, etc.. The only note of caution is that I actually think Mulcair would be more competent than Trudeau... but perhaps more competent at screwing us over.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:23 AM

The more I think about it the more I think JT wins. Quebec has a hate on for the NDP so they'll most likely go Lib's or Cons, Ontario will split between Libs and Cons, and then most of the west will go either Cons or NDP with a bit of Liberal in there as well. It'll be an interesting election.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
If one had to choose between two horrible options..... yikes. I think I'd take the Liberals, simply because we have lived under them and it wasn't horrible. I still enjoyed life under Chretien and Martin, had a job, etc.. The only note of caution is that I actually think Mulcair would be more competent than Trudeau... but perhaps more competent at screwing us over.
The only horrible choice is Harper who'd rather see you working like a slave then giving you the opportunity to a half decent work environment. Harper wants you never taking days off, getting forced to work 12 hours each day, and getting paid nothing to do it. He's a piece of crap and the sooner he stops representing Canada the better.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:28 AM

If either one gets in we'll be Greece....
Old 08-04-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
If either one gets in we'll be Greece....
Better then Harper and his fascism
Old 08-04-2015, 10:35 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Better then Harper and his fascism
CRA find out something that you were doing????
Old 08-04-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
CRA find out something that you were doing????
Nope, I don't have anything to hide from the CRA. Might get a visit now from CSIS or the RCMP due to Fuhrer Harper's new Bill C-51 since I spoke out against the government.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:42 AM

Default Vote for good fiscal policy--vote NDP.

Power corrupts, and Harper has been in power long enough to be totally corrupt. Punt him and replace with the party with the best record for balanced federal and provincial budgets: The NDP. That's right, the NDP.

"These results may be surprising to some: they show that NDP governments have the best fiscal record of all political parties that have formed federal or provincial government in Canada. "

Notley is working out fine so far in Alberta, although she's being weak on doing the right thing and getting taxes back to sane levels (Klein era taxes fine with me, deficits not good).

Vote NDP! Justin seems like a nice guy but I don't want a nice guy, I want someone who will kick some sanity back into the Harper holdovers.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansgunsghandi View Post
Power corrupts, and Harper has been in power long enough to be totally corrupt. Punt him and replace with the party with the best record for balanced federal and provincial budgets: The NDP. That's right, the NDP.

"These results may be surprising to some: they show that NDP governments have the best fiscal record of all political parties that have formed federal or provincial government in Canada. "

Notley is working out fine so far in Alberta, although she's being weak on doing the right thing and getting taxes back to sane levels (Klein era taxes fine with me, deficits not good).

Vote NDP! Justin seems like a nice guy but I don't want a nice guy, I want someone who will kick some sanity back into the Harper holdovers.
NDP and fiscal policy?...I hope you're trying to be funny....
Old 08-04-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I would trust the potential support/ministerial staff that the federal liberals would put together over that of the NDP. I think Justin is weak and inexperienced, but there others in the party that are more intelligent and experienced.

I think it is the opposite with the NDP. Mulcair seems reasonably intelligent and well spoken, probably because of his law background, but too many NDPers/support staff are well, just too far out in left field for me (or still partying in college).
Old 08-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Nope, I don't have anything to hide from the CRA. Might get a visit now from CSIS or the RCMP due to Fuhrer Harper's new Bill C-51 since I spoke out against the government.
Have you noticed the last few months that the same people who are screaming they want their "fair share" are the same people that don't want to pay their "fair share" of taxes?, sorry for the de rail, just something I have been noticing lately
Old 08-04-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
The only horrible choice is Harper who'd rather see you working like a slave then giving you the opportunity to a half decent work environment. Harper wants you never taking days off, getting forced to work 12 hours each day, and getting paid nothing to do it. .
What are you on about? All the issues you mentioned are provincial. This is one of the "less informed" posts I've seen in a while.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post
I would trust the potential support/ministerial staff that the federal liberals would put together over that of the NDP. I think Justin is weak and inexperienced, but there others in the party that are more intelligent and experienced.

I think it is the opposite with the NDP. Mulcair seems reasonably intelligent and well spoken, probably because of his law background, but too many NDPers/support staff are well, just too far out in left field for me (or still partying in college).
I would agree completely with that assessment. The Liberals could bring back some old experienced hands to actually govern.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
have you read c-51?

i think your knee is jerking on the bandwagon
Old 08-04-2015, 11:28 AM

Default Read the article

Hey Hal53, did you read the article? When measured by straight balanced budgets or contribution to deficit the NDP do better than the liberals or conservatives. I was kinda shocked too, but the conservative propaganda machine is strong.

Bill C-51 is reason enough to punt Harper. Anyone who values liberty over security shouldn't be voting for Harper. None of the other parties are great either, but Harper has repeatedly put closed government and state surveillance over freedom. Guns aren't what's needed today to preserve freedom, it's freedom of information and freedom from ever-growing government intrusion in the name of "fighting terrorism."

Anyhow, vote NDP for a balanced budget, the environment, and some degree of federal sanity until they too are as corrupt as Harper's operation.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansgunsghandi View Post
Bill C-51 is reason enough to punt Harper. Anyone who values liberty over security shouldn't be voting for Harper. None of the other parties are great either, but Harper has repeatedly put closed government and state surveillance over freedom. Guns aren't what's needed today to preserve freedom, it's freedom of information and freedom from ever-growing government intrusion in the name of "fighting terrorism."
i'm going to do you a favor

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublicati...6&Col=1&File=4