Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2015, 02:12 AM

?
Old 12-23-2015, 02:22 AM

?
There was a post before. Now just a question mark.
If you are having issues pm me the link to your photobucket account. Then I'll post the photos you want up.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:34 AM

Haven't swam with great whites but have swim with sharks in Hawaii. Not sure how I feel about great whites so they can unpredictable.
I will say that swimming with the sharks in Hawaii with absolutely breathtaking. It's an experience that I'm glad I had, I would definitely do it again.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:24 AM

I am going to assume swimming with great whites would be the last item on a bucket list
Old 12-23-2015, 07:53 AM

No sharks for this guy...yup no way at all!! Has nobody watched those Jaws movies?? Yikes! But now if say we could swim with Mermaids...I'd be all over that for sure
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-23-2015, 08:21 AM

Definitely not. Went Scuba diving on west coast. Dive about 100' down. There was 2 six gill sharks (15-18'). Huge! But docile. The little dog sharks sometimes nip at your fins. No thank you to Great White!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
I am going to assume swimming with great whites would be the last item on a bucket list
Yup. Like wrasslin' a grizz.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:07 AM

I did shark cage diving while in South Africa beside Robben Island (where the Great Whites jumping out of the water was filmed). It was an awesome experience. Nothing there and then all of a sudden, BOOM! There's a 15-18 foot shark circling you. Best adrenaline rush ever.

SS
Old 12-23-2015, 09:43 AM

Been on a couple dedicated "shark dives" and would love to see a great white - through a cage!

If you really want to scare yourself, ditch the cage and go Shark diving off the coast just South of Bahamas 30 miles. The dive master on our shark dive this spring in Freeport told me some of the details, he's completed 1000's of dives and said nothing is scarier than a 13ft tiger shark appearing from the darkness, glide 2ft from you, disappear again, come back from another side.. They're very unpredictable to dive with and its a "deep" water dive so he said you really feel like fish food!

They will also open their mouth as they approach which I imagine is q little intimidating!
Old 12-23-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLabel View Post
Been on a couple dedicated "shark dives" and would love to see a great white - through a cage!

If you really want to scare yourself, ditch the cage and go Shark diving off the coast just South of Bahamas 30 miles. The dive master on our shark dive this spring in Freeport told me some of the details, he's completed 1000's of dives and said nothing is scarier than a 13ft tiger shark appearing from the darkness, glide 2ft from you, disappear again, come back from another side.. They're very unpredictable to dive with and its a "deep" water dive so he said you really feel like fish food!

They will also open their mouth as they approach which I imagine is q little intimidating!
You mean like this guy.

http://www.tribune242.com/news/2014/...fter-fatality/

Grizz
Old 12-23-2015, 11:16 AM

Did the cage dive thing off the coast of SA . Would highly recommend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shark dive1.jpg (57.5 KB, 65 views)
Old 12-23-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
No sharks for this guy...yup no way at all!! Has nobody watched those Jaws movies?? Yikes! But now if say we could swim with Mermaids...I'd be all over that for sure
Zip
How many of you AO guys wouldnt be all over the mermaids is beyond me.
But Really the sharks was a bucket list item for me and so worth doing, they took my breath away and with my love of fishing and having fished for sharks I can't tell you what an honour it was to swim with them.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmutv View Post
Did the cage dive thing off the coast of SA . Would highly recommend
If you've ever seen the movie jaws, there is actual footage of a Great White hammering a shark cage. The footage was taken by the Taylors off Australia and the inexperienced camera man, in the cage, sent by the production company, was scared ****less. : Anything above the knees in the ocean is too deep for this cowboy.

Grizz
Old 12-23-2015, 01:39 PM

Catching a Great White for this fisherman is on the bucket list. Being shark poop is not on my bucket list.

Dodger.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
I did shark cage diving while in South Africa beside Robben Island (where the Great Whites jumping out of the water was filmed). It was an awesome experience. Nothing there and then all of a sudden, BOOM! There's a 15-18 foot shark circling you. Best adrenaline rush ever.

SS
So jealous. We were in SA this spring and my wife was sick in the beginning of the trip so no diving for us. She said that I could go but I really wanted her to experience the rush too. WE had a dive lined up on our second to last day but they cancelled it the morning of the dive due to bad weather.

This is s a definite do for my bucket list.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 12-25-2015, 10:59 PM

I don't know what happened to my post. I will try to put up the pictures again.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:03 PM

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/wa...y.jpg.html?o=0
Old 12-25-2015, 11:16 PM

http://vid1285.photobucket.com/album...ps9t8lohxk.mp4

NEW ADDITION TO THE BUCKET LIST. FUGURE OUT HOW TO POST PICTURES ON AO.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
You are in a cage. I don't think this was a dangerous activity. It does not at all compare to standing in the bush with a bow and having a bull moose coming towards you crashing through the trees and bellowing.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhawk View Post
You are in a cage. I don't think this was a dangerous activity. It does not at all compare to standing in the bush with a bow and having a bull moose coming towards you crashing through the trees and bellowing.
So, this cage is suspended by a cable LOOONG ways above the ocean floor. Remember what happened in Jaws ?

Grizz