Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Banned

Default Child care

While the rest of try to struggle too make ends meet and paying a great deal of money on daycare. This idiot of a prime minister thinks he justified in using taxpayers money for his brats. This is what he said "The prime minister defended the use of tax dollars to pay for two nannies for his three children, saying he reorganized the allotted household budget to suit his young family’s needs". What an a-hole. He took away the universal child tax benefit. Whats next.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
While the rest of try to struggle too make ends meet and paying a great deal of money on daycare. This idiot of a prime minister thinks he justified in using taxpayers money for his brats. This is what he said "The prime minister defended the use of tax dollars to pay for two nannies for his three children, saying he reorganized the allotted household budget to suit his young family’s needs". What an a-hole. He took away the universal child tax benefit. Whats next.

He never had to work a day in his life for anything, what else could we expect from him? No wonder he has no grasp of reality.....
Old 03-22-2016, 05:20 PM

Pretty sure mommy lives with him too so two nannies and a granny should make sure the silver spoons don't fall out of the childrens mouths.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:41 PM
Banned

Default New budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
This is what's next:

Canada Child Benefit: New monthly tax-free payments starts July 1 to replace UCCB and other tax measures: up to $6,400 a year per child under 6, and $5,400 those aged 6 to 18. But this amount begins to claw back for households with an income over $30,000 and is eliminated entirely for incomes over $190,000.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics...ghts-1.3501803

btw - 'the allotted household budget' has been used by past leaders, just what they needed to spend it on was different.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAlbertan View Post
This is what's next:

Canada Child Benefit: New monthly tax-free payments starts July 1 to replace UCCB and other tax measures: up to $6,400 a year per child under 6, and $5,400 those aged 6 to 18. But this amount begins to claw back for households with an income over $30,000 and is eliminated entirely for incomes over $190,000.

btw - 'the allotted household budget' has been used by past leaders, just what they needed to spend it on was different.
Therefore his budget for child care should be eliminated as he is over 190k a year...after all, he is just one of "us" right?
Old 03-22-2016, 08:34 PM

No kids no worries....
Old 03-22-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Therefore his budget for child care should be eliminated as he is over 190k a year...after all, he is just one of "us" right?
Hold up there Hal.. No common sense please.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAlbertan View Post
This is what's next:

Yep, the wife and I both work. Crappy deal for us. Getting better and better to just live of the system for free.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
I actually agree with your post.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Yep, the wife and I both work. Crappy deal for us. Getting better and better to just live of the system for free.
All you need to do is both quit and start livin the good life.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
All you need to do is both quit and start livin the good life.
With the cost of day care the wife doesn't take home a great deal when all is said and done. I am going to have to see how much free money we would receive with just my income, maybe it is better just for the wife not to work.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:48 AM

Laugh if you like but we are contemplating an economic divorce. Get household income for "Primary caregiver" to under 90k. We live in the north so double up on Northern Allowance. Its like this little twit is encouraging people who have a bit of ambition to make money to find ways to cheat the system.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
You see how fast Presidents and Prime Ministers go grey? It's not the same job you or I have. It's pretty much 24/7/365 with a fair bit of travel, much of it where you have to bring spouse along. Look at the pay versus responsibility (there are members here who probably make more). He makes less than some First nations leaders that run a small town. I'm not going to begrudge him child care. And if he takes the money out of the regular household budget and cuts elsewhere, fine.

I'm not a Liberal supporter at all, but it's a tough job. The other option would be to pay him the same as a CEO that runs a company with a multi-billion dollar budget. Want to go there? I think not.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:14 AM
Banned

I was also upset when they took away the child tax benefit because it helped a bit with day care costs. Besides the fact that I just got $5400 back from doing my taxes I think the new deal the libs have made actually may give parents a bit more to help cover child care costs. Im not a lefty but took the time to look at how their new policy's will effect my family.

https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/helping-families/
Old 03-23-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
You see how fast Presidents and Prime Ministers go grey? It's not the same job you or I have. It's pretty much 24/7/365 with a fair bit of travel, much of it where you have to bring spouse along. Look at the pay versus responsibility (there are members here who probably make more). He makes less than some First nations leaders that run a small town. I'm not going to begrudge him child care. And if he takes the money out of the regular household budget and cuts elsewhere, fine.

I'm not a Liberal supporter at all, but it's a tough job. The other option would be to pay him the same as a CEO that runs a company with a multi-billion dollar budget. Want to go there? I think not.
I don't think JT is very stressed by the look of things. Maybe he is on weed to chill out. On the contrary I hope he gets so stressed out that he has to quit. That would be a good day for Canada.