Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-27-2016, 07:56 PM

Default Bino harness

Hey guys,

What is everyone using for a bino harness? I have the plain Jane Leopold quick harness and after a long walk the old neck gets pretty stiff plus the binos are open to the elements and can fog up. The one thing I do like is that there isn't much to them, so if I want to wear a backpack it's not a big deal.

Are the other harnesses that much better?
Old 03-27-2016, 08:09 PM

I've been in the market for a Bino harness, so far I like the look of the Badlands one, it has a magnetic cover, vs zipper.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:10 PM

I have tried 4 or 5 different ones. The Kuiu harness is far and away the best. Hardly even notice them there anymore.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:17 PM

Tried three different ones. I currently use the kuiu and like it the best could use some larger side pockets, it does collect sticks and pine needles in the bottom, you have to keep an eye out that they dont start scratching the lenses if forget to clean it out.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:48 PM

I picked up the cabelas tek-lite bino harness and it looks like they copied kuiu's design to the T. It's been damn good so far.

Something bigger like the alaska guide creations look pretty sweet as well.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:49 PM

Default To be honest

I prefer the simple crossed shoulder version with binocs exposed with good covers on them. I always have my glass up to my face and opening and closing the pouch and stuffing binocs away was a pain. Sure its harder on the tool, but that's just the cost of doing business to me.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:48 PM

I use butler creek flip up caps (highly recommend trying this) for the objective lens covers and then the attached one piece plastic cover for the eye pieces on my binos. I haven't used a harness that I felt reduced the neck tightness sufficiently but I think I'll try making one after looking at the prices of the ones recommended here.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:39 AM

Wife and I both have the Badlands with magnetic latch. No complaints! Very well built. We mostly use them when on ATVs. They are very effective at keeping out dust and water. Magnetic latch is very secure and makes no noise when opening and closing.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:20 AM

I just got this harness so far I love it. I have room to carry my rangefinder in it as well .
Old 03-28-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
I use butler creek flip up caps (highly recommend trying this) for the objective lens covers and then the attached one piece plastic cover for the eye pieces on my binos. I haven't used a harness that I felt reduced the neck tightness sufficiently but I think I'll try making one after looking at the prices of the ones recommended here.

Same here. Love it. I put my tags and ID in there as well. Comfortable to wear all day walking or on a horse.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:53 AM

I use the S4 gear ones by LockDown and love them, plain with no pockets or anything but sure do hug your body and easy to adjust.

Jim..
Old 03-28-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerySgtJackson View Post
Wife and I both have the Badlands with magnetic latch. No complaints! Very well built. We mostly use them when on ATVs. They are very effective at keeping out dust and water. Magnetic latch is very secure and makes no noise when opening and closing.
same here simple yet effective love them great stuff
Old 03-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Banned

S4 Lockdown X model , don't get any better .
Old 03-28-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
S4 Lockdown X model , don't get any better .
Hope so just ordered it off Amazon
Old 03-28-2016, 07:24 PM

Thanks for the reply guys!

All of the above mentioned harnesses look pretty slick. I watched a few vids on each of them. Think I am going to go with the s4. Simple and the price is right compared to the others
Old 03-28-2016, 07:51 PM

CAMO FIRE has s4 harness, best IMO definitely. Look at reviews online too you just can't beat the lockdown X. 24.99(plus shipping) american off camofire. If theyre not on the just email them and they can send them
Old 03-28-2016, 07:56 PM

i got the overpriced swaro holder for my SLC's, after a couple uses i ditched it, literally.
went back to a factory sling. good hunting!

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 03-28-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskwhitey View Post
I have tried 4 or 5 different ones. The Kuiu harness is far and away the best. Hardly even notice them there anymore.
2X great Harness non better IMHO
Old 03-29-2016, 08:51 AM

In my opinion, FHF Gear makes the best bino harness on the planet.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:39 AM

Another vote for Kuiu.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:44 AM

Do you wear a back pack over your bino harness? If you do does can you feel it under the pack and does it bother you? thanks
Old 03-29-2016, 12:20 PM

I am using the s4. The badlands can be noisy if you are not careful letting it close and pretty bulky IMO
Old 03-29-2016, 09:29 PM

As a biologist and a hunter I started making my own harnesses over 30 years ago ... wearing bino's 12-14 hours day and a sore neck made me move in that direction... i've tried many over the years and have settled on the Badlands version ... best by far IMHO!!!
Old 03-29-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
I prefer the simple crossed shoulder version with binocs exposed with good covers on them. I always have my glass up to my face and opening and closing the pouch and stuffing binocs away was a pain. Sure its harder on the tool, but that's just the cost of doing business to me.
Couldn't agree more. Not sure why you'd want to put them in a case every time. I enjoynthe convenience of easy access that way.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:30 PM

I tuck mine inside my jacket most times but am considering a bino pouch. I wish AGC or FHF would make one that opens with a reverse lid like KUIU does.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 09-27-2016, 08:16 AM

whats up with AO and the Chinese writing?
Old 09-27-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mm rem View Post
I just got this harness so far I love it. I have room to carry my rangefinder in it as well .
I also just picked one of these up. I actually ordered the same one as you but they sent me the buckled unit instead. I would not recommend the buckled unit to anyone but other than that the harness is great.

AGC were a pain in the ass to deal with, took 4 weeks to get my product and they didn't include two of the items asked for and did not return my calls or emails!

I hope this was a one-off bad month for them but aside from their Sh** customer service the product is great.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearbreath View Post
I picked up the cabelas tek-lite bino harness and it looks like they copied kuiu's design to the T. It's been damn good so far.
I wanted the Kuiu harness but every time I looked online the color I wanted was out of stock, plus the shipping, duty and exchange rate made it quite pricey. I picked up the cabelas teck lite on sale a few months and it looks almost identical. Works great the few times I've used it but wish the side pockets were larger to hold my GPS. I see its on sale again right now.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:59 AM

Badlands
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.2 KB, 92 views)
Old 09-27-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
I use the S4 gear ones by LockDown and love them, plain with no pockets or anything but sure do hug your body and easy to adjust.

Jim..
I have this one as well. Not overly expensive and works really well. I'd like to try the KUIU one as well.