Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-10-2009, 10:35 PM

Default Diplomat Mine Pond Info???

Was at diplomat mine pond on Saturday. Water level was way down. No cormorants. No one else fishin. The wife and I fished for about an hour (tried some nymphs, and shrimp imitations) no bites. Does any one know if there are any fish in there?????
Old 05-12-2009, 02:53 PM
troller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar 17 View Post
Was at diplomat mine pond on Saturday. Water level was way down. No cormorants. No one else fishin. The wife and I fished for about an hour (tried some nymphs, and shrimp imitations) no bites. Does any one know if there are any fish in there?????
Not this year, haven't been there yet. I know at the end of last year the level was getting low but there were still a few cormorants kicking around there and the field just south of there. The wife caught one rainbow...maybe 14-16 inches in the few hours we were there and there must have been 4 RV's camped there.

If I hear any more recent updates I will let you know. I like that little pond, hope nothing disastrous has happened?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:10 PM

I'm heading to Big Knife for the long weekend and I may go and check it out again. Will post a report if I do.