Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-16-2009, 07:09 PM

Default Genesee Visit Today

Once again I am grateful for my CHAS membership and the range at Genesee. Took an old friend and fellow horseman of 50 years there today who came from the farm near Leduc but had done very little shooting in his life. We started Grade 1 together with some other good old boys and girls on September 1, 1959 and are still together as a group of friends.

The range was great and we enjoyed watching some of the long range shooters, as well as trying out a variety of handguns and rifles for my pal. It was so great to show our sport to a fellow redneck. One of the best parts of the day, and a frequent by-product of shooting at Genesee, was the chance to watch and learn from a number of Canada's finest who were practicing their shooting prior to deployment to Afghanistan with the PPCLI. Being able to wish them a safe tour and a safe return was a spectacular privilege;thanking a veteran or current CF member is but a tiny return for what we owe them all. Their range discipline was impeccable and their marksmanship most inspiring.

Thanks for listening, and best wishes to all on this weekend. Hope to see you at Genesee some day!

Albertacowboy, and damn grateful to be here.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:40 PM

My buddy is a member to that range and I never complain about the drive from Red Deer when I get an invite to go along. It is a great range. Everyone I met have seemed to be very friendly.

Hope to see you there one day too.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:59 PM

I teach at NAIT and hope to shoot at Genesee on more Saturdays this year. Post a note on here to tell me when you might be coming and it would be great to take you as a guest.

Happy trails!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:39 PM

Definitely will be seeing you on a saturday. I will post next time I heading up that way.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:16 AM
troller

Sounds like you had a great trip to the range