Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-08-2016, 08:53 AM

Default Superior Canadian Shot

I am just getting set up to start loading 28 gauge, and I came across ten bags of #9 Superior Canadian shot for a great price. The seller also had some #10, but #9 is my chosen shot for skeet , so I took all that he had. I can only wonder how many people even remember when Superior Canadian shot was so popular in Alberta.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:18 AM

Default Superior shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I am just getting set up to start loading 28 gauge, and I came across ten bags of #9 Superior Canadian shot for a great price. The seller also had some #10, but #9 is my chosen shot for skeet , so I took all that he had. I can only wonder how many people even remember when Superior Canadian shot was so popular in Alberta.

You got a good deal---shot is hard to find and if you find it, it's pricey.
I still have some superior in my gun room. Their shot was well regarded by shooters---can't remember why they shut down.
I've never seen #10 shot---it should work well in 12 and 20 gauge skeet---I seem to recall that registered skeet has a minimum size of shot to be "legal" but for informal shooting #10 should do just fine.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Banned

Not very often we as re loaders stumble onto products that could have been manufactured 14 years ago.

It should still be good without having gone bad.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:21 AM

I used Superior Canadian shot many years ago, and I actually found two bags in my garage last year before I moved. I sold those two bags, because at the time I had no plans to reload shotshells, and I didn't want to bother moving them. It was kind of nice to come across ten more bags when I can use them.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:57 PM

I still have a bunch of it in BB, 2 and 4 lead shot as well as 50lbs of nickel coated #4. It was a pretty cool shop and that tumbler/shot sorter was huge.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:37 PM

We used to buy all of our reloading supplys from there. I believe the city put a lot of permits and conditions in the proprietors way.