Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-18-2009, 08:04 PM

Default Cold Lake tomarrow

Heading to Cold Lake tomarrow for the first time to try and catch some Lake trout or walleyes and updates or tips would be great.
Thanks
Old 06-18-2009, 09:25 PM

Lakers still shallow,easy pickins with a pink lady herring combo.Raining like cats and dogs right now, expecting thunder showers next 2+ days, good for the grass, not so good for fishing, sorry....
Old 06-27-2009, 12:43 PM

Tyee,
I am an ardent fly fisherman in Cold Lake. I have fished little Bear and the Medley with good success but am looking to really learn Cold Lake. I am really interested in taking a laker on the fly rod. I know they should still be up as it wwas such a late spring. I have hooked lakers on my fly rod in 50 feet of water and I have the ability to go deeper if need be. Any spots where a guy could anchor and cast for them i.e. severe drop offs. I was also thinking of maybe anchoring off the hump off of Garnett beach and working up and along it. Any info would be appreciated and confidential if need be!

Cheers!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:57 PM

fished cold lake on Wednesday and got 15 lakers from 1:30pm - 8Pm. lake was like glass all day and HOT! biggest was only about 12lbs and he came from 150ft on the downrigger as i was bringing it up. I think he hit at around 100ft or so. you could see them on the finder stacked up down there. the rest were at about 50 ft or so over 250ft of water. great day....best I've had on cold lake for sure. all but 3 came on spoons behind a dipsy with 70-80ft of line out. didn't run to the island because it didn't seem to matter.